Knuckling Over

mooks7014

Hi! I have a 10 week old great dane pup who is knuckling over, can anyone give me any advice on this? I have kept her on the same diet that the breeder had her on which is Optimum dry adult food, also have things added to feed like chicken wings, yoghurt and tuna. I know the Optimum isnt great :/ but didnt want to upset her gut with changing and everywhere I have looked on the net regarding this is written by an American so the food they suggest we cannot buy here.. Will Vitamin C help? and what about Thrive additive? Cheers

Can you post some pics?

If it were me, I'd change the pup over to a better quality food like Eagle Pack Large/Giant Puppy and cut out any extras. But I would also go to a vet (one that's experienced with giants) to rule out any problems with growth plates too.

Edited by stormie

Mooks, I 2nd Stormie, take your pup to a vet recommended by other giant breed people. There are many vets out there who opt for radical surgery in sometimes uncessary growth issues.

Get it diagnosed first before you begin changing foods ect.

You want to know exactley what you are dealing with, make sure you involve your breeder as they may have recomendations for vet or treatment.

I've used large doses of vit C in the form of ascobic acid & sodium ascorbate, but again...get a diagnosis first up.

fifi