Pigs Ears

flame ryder

Couple of minutes. I don't think I've fed him ears in a while so I can't remember if he does it with them as well, but when he gets a trotter, he'll usually save a soggy chunk to carry around and chew on for the next week or so. Blegh.

aww when D was a pup he didn't even finish his first pigs ear.. and I associated the smell of them with 'puppy' because he was always chomping on it

nowadays it takes him from the time it takes me to close the 'dog food cupboard' and walk to the living room! LOL

instead I put little bits of treats in his leo to keep him busy for up to 20min

Then Kuma must be some kinda weirdo... his last for ages. Probably 1-2 months. The bigger rawhide bone things can last for 6 or more months.

:laugh: He's not much of a chewer.

I was starting to think that about Bozzie too! He takes ages.. although it is a bit of a process. Give him pigs ear, he runs away with it and looks at it, licking delicately (2 mins). Then he will go off to hide it, spend a while looking for a prime spot (3 mins). Leave it there (2 hours). Get suspicious and go to move to a different spot (5 mins). Leave it there (3 days). Repeat process numerous times but adding in a bit of chewing in between. No wonder it takes so long!

As long as it takes for them to go crunch, crunch, swallow :laugh:

I make them last longer by cutting them and stuffing bits into everlasting toys.

Same here, I had to stop giving them to my Rhodesian Ridgeback (they are too small). :)

They never lasted very long with my old stafford but I pulled to many out of his throat because he would soften them and try to swallow them whole - so he never got them and I am not game to give them to the boy I have here as he will swallow a chicken wing whole (he does not get these anymore either)...

I stick with frozen turkey necks or brisket bones these days

less than 30 seconds...

a raw hide chew that was promised to last hours lasted 5min....

these days clydesdale hoof triming last longer and the value is right, free after i pay the farrier about $200.00... do all the hooves. :rofl: :rofl:

there are bits laying round for me to tread on since january.. :eek: