Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

Guest donatella

I just checked out their FB! I am gobsmacked they call for donations!! Surely you should be able to donate at their vet not their bank account, what a scam!!!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really want to thank everyone for their support, understanding & kinds words & Steve WOW that is such a fantastic offer thank you so very much.

I will be on the phone to my council & i will do the right thing. Nobody should ever have to go through & see what i had to see & re homing this dog is not the right thing to do. Again i really do thank you all from the bottom of my heart

http://www.mdba.net.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=23&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=748

Go here and do all you need to as if buying the course - but ignore the payment stuff as that puts you in the system and gives you access to the student forum etc.

Steve i will go on this web site tonight thank you thank thank you

I asked them once where my donation would go and if I donated would the be immediately getting the dog in question out... response? the donation would go towards the vet bill, no response to my question of if they would then get the dog into foster care! as far as I know the dog went to another rescue org!!! im tired of hearing so much bad stuff about this "org" they should be shut down so reputable and ethical rescues can continue doing their job without being tarred with the same brush....

Guest donatella

A good start would be to report their FB page. If enough people report it as dodge and a scam then perhaps it'll get shut down, surely that's their main port of call?

I am only new to following various rescue groups etc and have seen lots of fb posts that they do not reply to emails.

I keep posting go directly to the shelter or asking pertinent questions & my posts keep getting deleted. They constantly ask for donations but are vague about where it goes.

I have PM some posters in the hope they will go to another rescue group.

If this can get proven can't they be held liable?

Hind sight is a wondderful thing, if i could go back & change things this would definetely be one of them. Again it was a poor choice on my behalf. Ispoke to the head of this organisation within half an hour of the incident & was still in shock so my decision making process & rational thinking were compromised.

To clarify when i said i wanted to keep it quiet i meant i didnt want it plastered all over facebook for my kids to see, I didnt mean for them to keep it from potential adopters.

I was unaware of my option of how to deal with this, i was unaware i could report this to council & the rescue group in question didnt explain my options to me at all. The rescue group are trying to claim that i adopted the dog & they just took it to help me out. Let me clareify the dog was never in my name & i was only ever a foster carer for this dog. I have since learnt what a bad reputation this rescue has & can tell you it is well deserved!

This whole experience has taught me a valuable lesson in the hardest possible way :-(

How horrible for you

Im happy to shout you a foster carers course if you want one.

Kizzyneo I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your little dog. Do take Steve up on her offer - although I haven't done it myself, I'm sure it will restore your faith in good, well organised, supported and ethical fostering. It does exist and you and your family can recover from here. :)

I foster westies. I have westies. Its a breed I know about. I stick to what I know. I've often thought about fostering other breeds and crossbreeds but the truth is I'm not experienced enough and have hesitated and decided against it every time that it has come up - to be fair to the non-westie foster and to my westies. I'm not being discriminatory or superior - I just stick to what I know, can manage and am comfortable with and stay within my limits. Only had one foster go pear-shaped - and that was because my cat finally decided to leave home for three days after this westie harrassed him - so I sent him onto another foster carer without cats. So I think a foster carers course to help you learn skills and define your fostering limits would be a really good thing. :)

And I agree with other posters. Sadly this foster dog should be euth'ed and not be rehomed. And the 'rescue group' should be severely sanctioned. They will be very lucky to escape legal action if they rehome this dog without full disclosure of its history. End of story.

Good luck Kizzyneo. I will be really interested to hear how you get on. :)

Edited by westiemum

The dog has been removed from the facebook site . For now. The current foster carer of this dog has sent me another message stating that all the people on DOL are liars & that this dog is not capable of attacking another dog as it has trouble chewing up chicken necks. This foster carer also stated she was a dog trainer who has worked with rescue dogs all her life. Funny that she was asking a dog training organisation how to go about working with this troubled dog before it came into her care. She works with horses and as you know they are a totally different animal. Perhaps one of the horses has fallen on her head at some stage which could explain her poor judgment.. This carer is in total denial over this dog & has an emotional attachment to her. . What i am very curious to know is whose clause was used to release the dog. This organisation as far as i am aware does not hold a clause 16d .

So are they saying the foster carer is a liar? Because this is where it has actually been talked of by the person who experienced the whole event as their 'foster carer'. They can write all the emails they like, nothing changes that the dog they allowed someone to take on as a foster dog killed the carers dog.

If only they risked their own dogs and their own yards with these dangerous dogs they say never did anything.

Funny how it always comes down to other people lying when I don't think they could lie straight in bed themselves.....

Edited to add, maybe they have such a big problem with DOL because they can't block and delete anything that is negative towards them unlike their social networking site

Edited by Malti

I just checked out their FB! I am gobsmacked they call for donations!! Surely you should be able to donate at their vet not their bank account, what a scam!!!!

They have a charity status, so like any other rescue group that has a charity status

then they are legally allowed to take donations in any way shape or form

They are not obligated to put it directly to a vet bill etc

I am not sticking up for them but if they have gone through the legal channels of obtaining the

correct paperwork to operate then you really cant say what they are doing with the money is a scam

Many a rescue group take in monetary donations and I can pretty much guarantee that they will disperse

it as they feel best works for their group and their bills as long as all the money can be accounted for

then they aren't doing anything wrong

If anyone feels they aren't using money as it was intended then report them to the ATO

Everybody should not be surprised with what this group does, we have heard it all before, I was at the pound today when a call came in complaining about this dog being advertised as good with kids etc. The girl at the counter also said she had received a call the day before about another dog and the story goes on. Apparently the council's hands are tied because the gentleman in charge sees no wrong will allowing these types of dogs out, I questioned the fact that isn't the council liable for allowing dog aggressive dogs being released as I know Hawkesbury and Renbury do not allow dogs that they assess in that way.

And as we all know there are dogs that should not be rehomed because they are a danger.

I feel sorry for the many people that offer their homes and adopt from this group and receive an unsuitable dog which only gives Rescue a bad name. And especially for this lady to have lost her little dog.

Pound Rounds wish you would clean you act up as you are giving all rescue a bad name.

Jill, I hear what your saying and agree with most of it, but I along with you would have seen many a dog leave a pound that has issues and end up with

a rescue group only to be rehomed while it still has issues. So while I dont agree with alot of PR's work they are not the only people who have done this.

So while they get outed and shamed others fly under the radar and have done for a long time.

If a dog shows no signs or issues in the pound how can they not release it? and some dogs in the pound don't seem that great but out of that environment have turned out to be the most amazing dog friendly family orientated dogs.

let me start by saying chinese whispers can be very ungy...

Really? I cannot even read what you wrote for fear of my eyes burning.

sorry was not yelling my caps lock key got stuck, so your eyes are pretty safe

I cannot believe they've been able to get away with it for this long... :eek:

Although I rarely go on facebook I had to have a look. I see they are even a registered charity. Wtf? And what is it with calling the dogs jailbirds? that's just horrible...

Also I am not familiar with the process of applying to be a registered charity, but surely there is someone they can be reported to. ???

That is just sick and disrespectful - using pound dogs to line their pockets like that... they outta be ashamed of themselves, big time. :(

from their FB page calling for donations.

The smallest amount (even $5) makes a huge difference to the chance of that little jailbird.

Help save the life of a deathrow pooch today.

Let us know which poochie you want to support and we will ensure that your contribution supports the rescue of that poochie. If they already have a rescue or someone at the last minute adopts or something - you can be sure another deathrow pooch could use the help too!:-)

Sometimes the last ones on the list are only there by want of something as simple as a few days kennelling until a truck comes or a few weeks kenneling until a rescue can find them a foster- or transport costs interstate. Please feel free to use it anyway at all you wish - it will always be used to save a deathrow pooch - one that has no other chances and has run out of time.

Kindness and support is the only thing that has ever saved our lonely, confused & cold jailbirds.

Talk about putting the guilt trip on people. :mad I can only imagine the $1000's they've raked in. :mad

ETA I also see on their chip-in page that they're trying to raise $4,000 by the 25th April. I cannot figure out what it's for - all it is says is - "Lots of dogs, lots of vet work - organized by pound rounds on facebook"???

Edited by k9angel

What I don't like is that they are not a rescue group but a go between,who copy & paste pics & add the info.

They give the impression to you that they are & that is so wrong IMO. I often post to say to people, please go directly to the pound in question as they seem to take a while in responding & people panic that the animal cannot be saved.

I also asked why they needed donations since they are not the rescue group & was told that they have to assist in transport, vet bills, etc etc.

As I said before I am trying to educate myself so I don't know correct procedures/methods etc so please no offence to anyone. It just does not seem right to me & I hate to think they are not doing the right thing.

If they are a registered charity would their books be open to checking?

As a registered charity they have to have their books audited. But I have also asked this question why is there so much play on donations on their many pages when they quite often organised an adoption without knowing the dog and the dog comes straight from the pound, another risk.

It wasn't that long ago that they were asking for a donation to help a jack which I had already rescued and they had nothing to do with it, never know if they received any donation for that dog because it was never forcoming if there was.

I know what you are say Bartok but they have taken too many dogs out that should not be rehomed, I have myself rescued Jacks which some would have left behind but I also stated to the pound if they don't improve them I will do the right thing by them and put them to sleep, I won't ship them off to another group or a carer that has no idea what to do or how to handle the situation like they do.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm going to put in some emoticons because I can't think of words right now.

:banghead::cry::mad:crazy::confused::eek::dunce:

And a :heart: for kizzyneo. I would be absolutely fuming if I was in your position. Steve's offer for the MDBA course is an excellent way to skill up and be a knowledgeable foster carer. And, as T mentioned, the foster manual can help you along your way. PM me your postal address and I will pop one in the mail for you. :)

AMP you asked about their charity status, well on their FB it has just been stated that they have charity status but are not tax deductible status.

Well they can't have one without the other.

So by the looks of it all donations to them you can't receive a tax receipt which also means that they may not get their books audited but if they have CFN then they still need to be.

The dog has been removed from the facebook site . For now. The current foster carer of this dog has sent me another message stating that all the people on DOL are liars & that this dog is not capable of attacking another dog as it has trouble chewing up chicken necks. This foster carer also stated she was a dog trainer who has worked with rescue dogs all her life. Funny that she was asking a dog training organisation how to go about working with this troubled dog before it came into her care. She works with horses and as you know they are a totally different animal. Perhaps one of the horses has fallen on her head at some stage which could explain her poor judgment.. This carer is in total denial over this dog & has an emotional attachment to her. . What i am very curious to know is whose clause was used to release the dog. This organisation as far as i am aware does not hold a clause 16d .

So are they saying the foster carer is a liar? Because this is where it has actually been talked of by the person who experienced the whole event as their 'foster carer'. They can write all the emails they like, nothing changes that the dog they allowed someone to take on as a foster dog killed the carers dog.

If only they risked their own dogs and their own yards with these dangerous dogs they say never did anything.

Funny how it always comes down to other people lying when I don't think they could lie straight in bed themselves.....

Edited to add, maybe they have such a big problem with DOL because they can't block and delete anything that is negative towards them unlike their social networking site

Yes they are saying that she is a liar.& yes they like deleting comments & blocking people I have been waiting for this dog to be advertised as i knew they would not disclose what happened. . They are gathering a huge following & seem to be getting too big to stop now. I shudder to think what the future holds for rescue. I even had one of their supporters posting on my rescue page asking for donations a week ago. Some scam about everyone donating $5 to them to save dogs. I am sick of seeing this crap but it looks like they are here to stay. God help us.

If it is who I am thinking of yes they do hold a clause 16d and they do have a charity status

Regardless of that u dont need a 16d as a rescue group to get dogs from pounds

My mistake i thought unless you held a 16d your only option was to buy the animals from the pound unless your group was from interstate. Does this mean any person calling themselves rescue can get the dogs from the pound for the small nominal fee that a 16d holder can aquire them for?

Yes they are saying that she is a liar.& yes they like deleting comments & blocking people I have been waiting for this dog to be advertised as i knew they would not disclose what happened. . They are gathering a huge following & seem to be getting too big to stop now. I shudder to think what the future holds for rescue. I even had one of their supporters posting on my rescue page asking for donations a week ago. Some scam about everyone donating $5 to them to save dogs. I am sick of seeing this crap but it looks like they are here to stay. God help us.

That is their usual tactic isn't it just deny and delete and pretend it didn't happen, pity at the end of the day a well meaning person lost their pet and now they go into damage mode and keep their little group only with their followers that do not ask questions and try to intimidate and harass their unsuspecting victims into staying quiet.

The real world still exists thankfully and they can delete all they like there is evidence of dodgy dealings all over the place even if they try to hide it.

The more people tell their first hand experiences with the group the better and reputable rescues won't deal with them, as they try to palm dogs off to others.

Oh and this week you need to forgo Easter eggs and give them the money instead :laugh:

There must be someone this group can be reported to and action taken.

They claim they are not a rescue though have a clause, they steal photos and notes volunteer temp testers have taken (then delete part of the notes if they are not happy with them) all of which is a clear breech of copyright law, there have been numerous serious incidents where both people, families and dogs have suffered at the hands of this group.

They publish false and misleading information, such as "fostering is free" god that gets my goat! advertise DA and HA as "special pooches"

Call consistently for donations and do not disclose nor are transparent about exactly where that money goes.

They are manipulating people into donating, fostering, adopting and offering no support, guidance, let alone offering any credible assessment of the dog.

This is very serious on so many levels. I have said before, and I will say it again, there have been multimillion dollar court cases where a rescue or org who have knowingly rehomed a dog with behavioural issues which harm or injures another person or animal and or have been negligent in the rehoming/fostering/adoption process, have been successfully sued for millions.

Kizzyneo I am so sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling. Please report this group to your local council and the council where this dog was released from.

Which pound was this dog released from? This council need to be made aware of how incompetent, negligent and dangerous this group is operating, especially as they have a clause. (Though they are not a rescue group :banghead: )

Kizzyneo, if these people continue to contact you, manipulate you, or bully you please put it in writing, if they continue to harass you, call the police. I would be seeking compensation.

Run free little man, and watch over your Mum, I am so sorry for your loss and such a terrible experience :( .