My Girl Has Cancer :-(

Ive just found out from my vet that My 11yr old girl has cancer :-(

She has Mulitiple lesions ( SP? ) on her lungs,liver and heart.. they have given her 3 months to live

As she has the mutiple lesions shes not suitable for any other treatment other than palitive care

Its not fair to put her thru chemo when her heart or any other organ may fail on her during the treatment..

i want her last 3 months to be as happy and pain free as possible.

She's eating meat, hot dogs, pigs ears and small dog cookies. She will not eat dry food no matter what we do with it.

Shes drinking lots and lots of water..

Treasure all the joys she gives you each day and remember that she lives in the moment and she'd want you to, as well. Knowing you are helpless is really hard - I went through that scenario with Kal, my avatar girl, who I had to give wings to 5 years ago. So don't dwell on that you can't do anything, but just focus on making what you do do, as normal but as nice and as fun as possible for the both of you.

Sending you my very best wishes.

:hug:

Just this week we lost our beautiful mastiff*lab something to cancer. On 2 Jan he was given 1 month to live (at the most) and we had him until now so we are happy about that. We just let him do what he wanted - sleep on beds, eat good food and spend lots of time in my daughters cubby on the lounge, lots of cuddles and pats. Last Sunday we decided Monday would be the day so we went and bought a new little girl at the RSPCA. He loved meeting dogs so on Sunday he followed her around and even play-bowed once to attract her attention. For the last 2 months he was on steroids to keep him eating and they were placed inside sausages twice a day. My only advice is enjoy your time together and remember what a nice life she had and how she made yours nicer. On Sunday he looked at DH and his eyes had a sad look - it was time.

I'm very sorry to hear about your lovely girl :(

I lost my girl to cancer last year. Worse thing I did was listen to vet (no longer my vet now) and operate as she was miserable in her last weeks as well as I. I should have let her be and enjoy the daily walks and kisses as long as we could as she probably would have lasted longer and had better quality of life.

My best wishes to you! :hug: Make the most of the hugs and kisses you will share with your sweet girl.

Enjoy your time together.. It is what you and the dog both need... Sit on the grass, go for a swim, let her dig a hole if that is what she enjoys...

Holistic medicine might help... My old boy was given a couple of years and lived six more with multiple tumour sites... We changed diet and treated holistically but he also had chemo...

If it was me, I would just enjoy my time together...

I am so sorry, thus sort of news is never easy to take...

All the best

Jodie

The only thing that might help at this stage is Traditional Chinese herbs. My friends and I have had several dogs live from months to many years after cancer diagnosis by just using the Chinese medicine. Sadly I lost my 10 year old girl suddenly last year but she only lived a week from diagnosis so we did't have enough time for the herbs to work. You need at least a month for it to start to take affect so if your girl has that long it is worth a try. As you are in Sydney try Lyn Pinosa at Alternative Therapies at Austral.

As you are in Sydney try Lyn Pinosa at Alternative Therapies at Austral.

Another recommendation for Lyn.

Here are Lyn's contact details

Alternative Therapies

Shop 5/ 242-246

Edmondson Ave

AUSTRAL NSW 2179

Ph: 02 96068922

Mb: 0408308950

Edited by Kajtek

As you are in Sydney try Lyn Pinosa at Alternative Therapies at Austral.

Another recommendation for Lyn.

Here are Lyn's contact details

Alternative Therapies

Shop 5/ 242-246

Edmondson Ave

AUSTRAL NSW 2179

Ph: 02 96068922

Mb: 0408308950

we spoke to Lyn today and although she has said my girl is too far advanced to be 'saved' she can give her some stuff to 'help' her last few months on earth be as nice as it can be

We are Letting Montana eat anything she wishes...oreao's....hot dogs...sirloin....cheezels :-)

It still breaks my heart knowing im going to lose her

Thank you everyone who left a comment.. <3

Good journey Amerykus and Montana.

Spoil her rotten as I know you will.

Lyn is great and it is so difficult to predict the outcome with Chinese herbs.

(My boy was given a couple of months/weeks. Yet here we are and he is going great. His cardiologist is very suprised :thumbsup:)