Snook, The Enabler...

jr_inoz

So, did it today - bought a Canon 7D. Been thinking about this for about 12 months. Finally did it.

Will try it out later this arvo when the battery has charged.

Thanks Snook for the nudge..... well, I'm saying it was you anyway.

Just have to wait for the porteen bag to arrive now. Very excited. Nice early birthday present.

Edited by jr_inoz

no photos worth uploading yet. After waiting the couple of hours for the battery to charge, I did some practice shots, to make sure everything was working - and it wasn't.

The LCD screen showed pictures of a nice purple, or green or pink. Or just lines running across the screen.

I tried my old flash card and the camera worked fine. I rang the store and they said to bring the camera back in. It wasn't the flash card but the sensor in the camera.

It was replaced. So, haven't really had a chance to actually take any shots at present.....

tomorrow....

am I ever glad I decided against buying a grey import online. That would have been so annoying!

Well you will have fun at the clinic this weekend - lots of photo opportunities and a gorgeous location as well (although unfortunately looking a bit dry still this year).

Piper - I am sooo hoping you will be there on the Saturday - even though your dogs are further along. I need someone who can take a decent photo to get some of Rommy. I have some nice herding shots of others - I don't have them of Rommy - only a few.

ok - two photos from tonight - with an uncooperative subject.

shot with 6400 iso, no flash, 50mm lens with arpeture priority. (I'm still learning - took me most of the night to work out how to set the AF on the spot I wanted). I'm pleased with the lack of noise at this high an iso. I like the clarity in the low light as well.

edited - photobucket was being a pain and orientating them the wrong way...

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Edited by jr_inoz

Well you will have fun at the clinic this weekend - lots of photo opportunities and a gorgeous location as well (although unfortunately looking a bit dry still this year).

Piper - I am sooo hoping you will be there on the Saturday - even though your dogs are further along. I need someone who can take a decent photo to get some of Rommy. I have some nice herding shots of others - I don't have them of Rommy - only a few.

I will be there all weekend and last year spent all of the first day on my butt under a tre taking pics :) There is usually another person there doing the same who takes awesome pics. And if you want some with your own camera there is another girl who will be there that is a Canon user and does fantastic work (used to do the agility trials and sell her pics.)

ETA: I feel your pain - I have way more photos of other peoples dogs involved in activities than of my own. I hardly have any of dear old Piper and Jazz is just difficult as she works so wide that I can have dog working or sheep and rarely both and without sheep in the frame she could be walking up on a ball or having a nice run in the paddock.

Edited by piper

I will be there all weekend and last year spent all of the first day on my butt under a tre taking pics :) There is usually another person there doing the same who takes awesome pics. And if you want some with your own camera there is another girl who will be there that is a Canon user and does fantastic work (used to do the agility trials and sell her pics.)

ETA: I feel your pain - I have way more photos of other peoples dogs involved in activities than of my own. I hardly have any of dear old Piper and Jazz is just difficult as she works so wide that I can have dog working or sheep and rarely both and without sheep in the frame she could be walking up on a ball or having a nice run in the paddock.

Piper - I'll do you a deal - you take photos of Rommy for me, and I will take photos of your girls - you are training on the saturday?

Great deal but I am training Sunday. I will have Jazz with me and she might get used for some stock work and swapping sheep around. Will probably use her to bring them in in the morning which is her favourite job anyway :)

There will be other days :) I find most of the pics I have got are from "swaps" with other photographers who can never get pics of their own dogs either.

had to remove these two....

still having fun with the camera, but really need to work out how to do the motor function and how to take movement shots. It really does handle a lot differently to the 400D.

Edited by jr_inoz

a couple more photos.....

lots to learn!

these are with the 18-200mm (f3.5-5.6) lens

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

Can I just say I also love where I live....

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

although - I am not happy with what photobucket does to these landscapes - a bit washed out...

Edited by jr_inoz