Hand Raised Pup No Urine

Mojopoodle

More advice needed please, my 6 day old puppy has not urinated after or before the last 2 feeds, I had her to the vet yesterday and he did not think she was dehydrated and was happy with her progress. She is being fed Divetelac mix strength B 3 mls every 2 hours. Urinating has been easy until now. Also, she has been defecating by herself and stools were a bit runny but this last time they were more solid. Her bottom is very red looking and I bought her baby zinc cream and have been putting that on her genital area.

How can I get her to urinate again, or what could have gone wrong?

Maybe nothing wrong. Maybe she did not need to go those times. She may go later.

When mum cleans we don't know for sure how often a puppy goes, it is probably as needed so stimulation is just in case.

I would use the ZSC powder, from the chemist for the same, rather than cream which can sting on sore bits sometimes.

Normal to worry about everything when hand raising, its nerve wracking really.

:hug::cry: heartbreaking. Its the pits when this happens. I lost a hand raised kitten on day 6 a few weeks ago. Sometimes all you can do is try & then cry. Nature can be cruel.

Its the part of breeding I can never get used to. You did your very best.

Thanks for the replies, but the puppy has just died. I am so sad but I knew it was a hard battle to win as she was nearly dead when she was born. Janet

So sorry to hear your efforts and her stuggle was in vain. But you did all you could. Run free little one. :rainbowbridge: