Thunder Shirt

Kirislin

thats a great post Snook, I had never thought about a thundershirt before as I thought it was for as name implies for dogs with fear of storms, not till others talked I realised that one of these could be good for gizzi sep anxiety

I got one for Smooch, I thought it worked the first time I used it but than it never worked through other storms. I got better results with Rescue Remedy.

I think it is just one of those things that what works for one doesn't for another.

I just got Petbarn's catalogue and they have them for $44.82.

6 emails back and forth. It was never bought up.

A DOLer posted they wanted one so I sold

It on. I never heard From her or saw her post about it. I wondered if she had more luck than us.

I've had no luck with the thundershirt with my BC girl, but I think that may be because she is not actually "scared" of the storms. It's more she tries to chase & fight the thunder...always with a ball in her mouth. I end up locking her in her crate because she gets dehydrated from having the ball in her mouth (can't breath properly). When I lock her in her crate, she settles down & goes to sleep. I am also a bit reluctant to put the shirt on as it is usually a hot muggy day when we get storms & I don't want to overheat her, but has anybody tried wetting it down. :confused: I might try that next time.

Guest lavendergirl

Did not work for my little fellow with SA. The company will refund if item is not damaged but you need to pay for the postage.

Yeah, Clean Run only sell the grey one. I got Justice the blue rugby one so had to get it direct from the Thundershirt site.

The 'New' Rugby style Thundershirts should be available here soon

Much better looking than the current 3 white stripe version

I have the pink, rugby Thundershirt for one of our whippets, she was a mess when it came to car travel, panting, trembling, salivating, whining so badly that we felt so guilty putting her in the car. The shirt goes on 20mins before car travel. Her trembling and panting has reduced considerably. She mostly spends her trips looking out the window calmly or curled up asleep! She's a race dog so the car rides were exhausting her before she'd even run, now she bounces out of the car with energy to burn!

We use her shirt on one of our lil fluffies who is scared of thunder! It lessens his reactions where he is calmly alert as opposed to racing around like a terrified maniac!

I love the Thundershirt, it has worked very well for us.

MnDM