Anonymous Users. Why?

nawnim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I need to answer but cant right then because stuff happens - for example today .My son had an accident last night and Im caught up with unexpected things like hospitals and working out extra transport etc.

Sometimes I simply don't see the question especially in an older thread or a long one - there are just so many variables and so many reasons why someone may show as being online and they aren't or they are but cant answer or for a multitude of reasons, like legal issues or protecting someone else's privacy or their own etc don't want to answer.

It is just easier if you dont show up and then dont have people being narky .

Opening poster.

Or "opening post" depending on context.

On most forums it stands for "original poster" (it means the person who started the thread, anyway).

Thank you for the three posts

I must drive people crazy then.

I never log in as anonymous, but I often stay logged in for hours while I have wandered off to do something else. I may have a thread open, or it may just be on the forum page.

I don't ever feel obligated to respond to a thread, and read far more than I post.

So, if anyone is offended that my name was on the bottom of their thread for hours, and I didn't contribute to it, sorry in advance. :laugh:

Sometimes I need to answer but cant right then because stuff happens - for example today .My son had an accident last night and Im caught up with unexpected things like hospitals and working out extra transport etc.

Sometimes I simply don't see the question especially in an older thread or a long one - there are just so many variables and so many reasons why someone may show as being online and they aren't or they are but cant answer or for a multitude of reasons, like legal issues or protecting someone else's privacy or their own etc don't want to answer.

It is just easier if you dont show up and then dont have people being narky .

Oh crap Julie. I hope that your son is OK.