Need Help To Determine What Breed My New Dog Is

Squidgy

post-45287-0-61386400-1336298851_thumb.jpgHello this is Phoebe

I adopted her the other day from a rescue who said she was a chihuahua cross , thing is what is the other cross or crosses? lol

I have been reading or lurking haha on this forum about 2 months and have seen some very acurate guesses in this type of situation.

:) Oh and Glad to be here this place is awesome I always recommend people to the dogzonline breeders listing when they want a purebred.

I see so many people on gumtree wanting a puppy so I always push them this way or if they are looking for a cross breed puppy I steer them towards the blacktown animal holding facility or other pounds and rescues :) I cant stand BYB'S!

Edited by thundercat

Aww what a cutie pie!

From that photo if someone told me she had kelpie in her I'd certainly believe them :)

Edit - sorry I was assuming she was a puppy there - how old is she?

Edited by Weasels

Bahahaha no that is not a real snake :p

She is a bit bigger then a jack russel

Temperament wise she is like super hyperactive nothing makes her sit down and I mean nothing she is so full on which is why her last owners dumped her because she was to hypo for their newborn or something.

Edited by thundercat

:) Im so happy to be her owner but I wish people would realise that a puppy is a forever choice not just until they become inconvienient.

she wasnt microchipped or anything when she was dumped so she was obviously someones BYB result, she is so sweet though.

Another question I have and I think its a really important one too, I live in the parramatta area can anyone recommend a good obedience class? she has had NO training she is so hypo and does nothing she is told I swear she was just chucked in the backyard after the tiny stage wore off.

I want her to be the best doggy she can be, the dog I know that she can be :D

Another question I have and I think its a really important one too, I live in the parramatta area can anyone recommend a good obedience class? she has had NO training she is so hypo and does nothing she is told I swear she was just chucked in the backyard after the tiny stage wore off.

I want her to be the best doggy she can be, the dog I know that she can be :D

Just an FYI, it might seem pedantic, but if you go around saying she's hypo people will think you mean underactive. You actually mean hyper, which means hyperactive/overactive.

But she's so cute, she's got those eyes which scream innocence ;)

post-45287-0-61386400-1336298851_thumb.jpgHello this is Phoebe

I adopted her the other day from a rescue who said she was a chihuahua cross, thing is what is the other cross or crosses? lol

I have been reading or lurking haha on this forum about 2 months and have seen some very acurate guesses in this type of situation.

:) Oh and Glad to be here this place is awesome I always recommend people to the dogzonline breeders listing when they want a purebred.

I see so many people on gumtree wanting a puppy so I always push them this way or if they are looking for a cross breed puppy I steer them towards the blacktown animal holding facility or other pounds and rescues :)

I cant stand BYB'S!

Gorgeous puppy.

And welcome to the forum.

However, I cringe at these discussions.

It puts us in an invidious situation.

Rule No 4.

Also no 'What Breeds are in my Dog' type discussion.

DOL is a great resource, and often genuinely lovely people have a sincere need, so I was wondering if it is time to lobby Troy about

the "What breed is my dog clause."

DOLers appear to enjoy the exercise and it is very educational.

I think, it's worth a shot.

So as a person with a vested interest you might want to raise the question in the Suggestion Forum. :idea:

Px

I thought min-pin x staffy. But there ya go. Hard to guess. A stand up and side on photo would be helpful. Guessing games are pretty much all they are, but they can be entertaining.

Absolutely cute dog you have there. I love that open expression in her face.

Well done for giving a dog in need of a home, a home :D :thumbsup:

This is my little dog Hope. She was brought from a pet store (not by me) as a staffy X mini foxy (but we think there might also be dachshund in there). She is about JRT size. She was full on for her first 2 years but has matured into a nice little dog (unless there are chickens around, lol).

post-7672-0-43138600-1336306992_thumb.jpg

:) Sorry I mean hyper haha.

She isnt to long in the body, this is the only photo I have her at the moment my phone stopped accepting the SD card last night :(

I took it out to transfer files to my computer and then it stopped accepting my SD card apparently this is a common problem with the LG OPTIMUS range or something.... meh

To be honest I dont see any chihuahua in her thats what I told the foster carer but she was hell bent on chi

I didnt know that there was no guess the breed discussions allowed, I didnt read that part of the rules..

But Thanks anyway guys you are all fantastic. I think she definetly has staffy in her I never thought of that until you guys suggested it ay.

whatever she is she is my new baby and I will love her for her whole little canine life <3