Cross Continent Road Trip With Four Dogs

Dxenion

We're currently on a roap trip from Perth to Melbourne with four dogs (and no we're not completely mad).

Two of our dogs have their own facebook pages where you can follow their adventures:

www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.tlaloc

www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.rakim

Tlaloc has completed this trip three times already but it's Rakim's first time and he's chalking up a lot of new experiences.

Come and see what they got up to between Perth and Norseman.

I have been following your adventures on facey, loving the dogs stories and adventures!!

Me too, who knew there were so many landmarks in WA :p I'm still impressed by Rakim's tree-top walk!

I'm looking forward to more pics and stories as your journey unfolds. Rakim's a legend for his tree top walk on that mesh! :thumbsup: Hope there are no hiccups or dramas along the way! Safe trip!

Thanks everyone. Glad to know the dog's ramblings are making for light and hopefully informative reading. Well we've left WA now and are slowly meandering through SA. Upcoming posts will include a paddock of windmills, a quarantine inspection, a giant oyster and a world record sized white pointer shark. Stay tuned.......

I hated the tree top walk, not my thing at all. I didnt take our dogs but i wanted to and wont leave the 5 behind again. What size dogs? Have you had any trouble at parks? We only stay at the odd one.

Like cities in perth we stayed in a park.

that is fantastic :thumbsup: Love Tlaloc retrieving the horse. A friend recently took her assistance dog on a trip to Europe with her, she had never been anywhere before that and they had a fantastic time.

We left Perth, travelled up to the Pinnacles, Greenough, Principality of Hutt River and Badgingarra and down and around just a small part of WA's southwest corner (Australind, Busselton, Augusta, Cape Leeuwin, Margaret River and The Valley of the Giants near Walpole) before heading through Wagin and Hyden to Norseman. We then lost reception until now.

I've posted a lot of trip updates on www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.rakim and www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.tlaloc 's pages:

Balladonia, Australia's longest straight, CWST time zone, V8 Supercars rig, Madura Pass, RFDS, wildlife sightings, Eucla Station, Border crossing WA/ SA, Rooey, distance signpost, treeless plains, Nullarbor whale, road signs, the Head of the Bight, roadside and rest stop scenery, Ceduna quarantine, Nullarbor Crossing certificates and the Ceduna Oyster.

Enjoy!

Voloclydes, we have three GSDs and a WSSD. The WSS and one of the GSDs are assistance dogs so they can go into national parks etc. The other two are pets with no rights of access so essentially if we go somewhere, one of us will fursit (usually the OH) while I go and take a photo. They are never left alone. Accommodation has been an issue as expected. Very few 'pet friendly' providers are interested in four dogs no matter how well behaved or their training.

Voloclydes, we have three GSDs and a WSSD. The WSS and one of the GSDs are assistance dogs so they can go into national parks etc. The other two are pets with no rights of access so essentially if we go somewhere, one of us will fursit (usually the OH) while I go and take a photo. They are never left alone. Accommodation has been an issue as expected. Very few 'pet friendly' providers are interested in four dogs no matter how well behaved or their training.

katherine is a non free camp within town limits... ranger is hot... as a stove.... but if you have dogs you can plead no where to stay. salmon gums was comunity park and you could have dogs, its an honesty park.

if you need some where to stay in the snowy mountains... i am happy to provide for a fellow dog fleet owner, providing your lots are dog friendly.... :D :D

post if you need a ph number. i will pm it to you.

Thank you for your wonderful offer. We won't be going that way this trip but will in the future. We are starting to get recognised on the road now lol!

Trip updates: Streaky Bay, Kimba, El Alamein and Port Augusta.

Thank you for your wonderful offer. We won't be going that way this trip but will in the future. We are starting to get recognised on the road now lol!

Trip updates: Streaky Bay, Kimba, El Alamein and Port Augusta.

just a warning do not stay in town limits at port agutter....nasty place, at night.

More updates since Ceduna.

Streaky Bay, Kimba, El Alamein, Port Augusta, Auburn, Kapunda and Gumeracha.

Come check us out.

www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.rakim

www.facebook.com/assistance.dog.tlaloc

Trip updates: Great Ocean Road and Cape Otway. Stay tuned for photos of the amazing accommodation we found by accident. Picture a secluded wood cabin with slate floors, an open fire and best of all the dogs are welcome inside......