Oh My Goodness What A Morning!

Squidgy

:D I don't know who is happier me or Lochi haha

Phoebe is the one I need to make happy :laugh: she is now turning into a lil bossy boots

it so funny watching her try and be a scary lil stand over and then he just wags his tail licks her on the face and toddles off to the kitchen to try and get some treats.

Right now he can smell the lamb chops cooking :laugh:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I don't know who is happier me or Lochi haha

Phoebe is the one I need to make happy :laugh: she is now turning into a lil bossy boots

it so funny watching her try and be a scary lil stand over and then he just wags his tail licks her on the face and toddles off to the kitchen to try and get some treats.

Right now he can smell the lamb chops cooking :laugh:

He probably thinks that they're his 'welcome to the family' dinner :D

:laugh: Sounds like Phoebe is well on the way to explaining to Lochi just who is actually in charge in the household - and sounds like he is quite prepared to let he - what a lovely man he seems to be. :)

:laugh: Sounds like Phoebe is well on the way to explaining to Lochi just who is actually in charge in the household - and sounds like he is quite prepared to let he - what a lovely man he seems to be. :)

Yes hes a little gentlemen even with his sloppy kisses :rofl:

The owners are happy to sign him over which is a good thing,

Whatever you do get him signed over to you ASAP. The last thing you want is for them to change their mind and want him back.

They certainly don't deserve him. :mad

As for the athritis, I'd be putting him on a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement. You don't have to spend a fortune on vet formulated supplements. You can use the human version and it works just as well. Just double check with your vet on dosage. :)

All the best with him, I think it's great you've opened up your heart and home to him. :thumbsup: He sounds like a very sweet boy. :heart:

I hope they don't change their minds when they come to sign him over. Suggest you don't let them see him.

Yes thats a good idea.

I would heartbroken if they changed their minds :cry:

regarding his arthritis , does saschas blend really work or would you suggest something else? :)

I would like to get started on his " condition" as soon as I can and give this guy a nice enjoyable last few years of life whether that be with me or my mate where I can go and see him all the time hehehe

Good on you for rescuing this old fellow who deserves to live out the rest of his days in a loving home.

re the arthritis, our 8 year old German Shepherd has hip dysplasia and associated arthritis. We use human grade glucosamine, fish oil capsules, cartophen injections (six weekly) and pain killers (mobic - a human drug). He still runs around like a pup during the day, just a little stiff in the colder winter evenings. He wears jammies and a blankie on top (and sleeps on our bed). He does really well on this combination.

Guest Willow

I haven't read all the replies, but just wanted to add my 12 year old Staffy has arthritis, and I have found annual Pentosan (there are other similar medications with different names) injections work wonders...as soon as we notice him stiffening up, he gets an injection once a week for four weeks and he's good as new again for up to 12 months. We tried everything prior to this, and this has given the best results.

I hope they sign him over to you thundercat. Looks like they didn't give a damn so I doubt it will be a problem.

Good on you for saving Lochi and I hope both of you will have fun filled days ahead of you :)

I would be careful having them come to you, if they do change their mind and you refuse to give him back, they could end up stealing him from you, if may not ever happen but I would be meeting them somewhere else to do the paperwork.

I would be careful having them come to you, if they do change their mind and you refuse to give him back, they could end up stealing him from you, if may not ever happen but I would be meeting them somewhere else to do the paperwork.

:eek: omg I never thought of that... maybe I should go to them? :confused:

I haven't read all the replies, but just wanted to add my 12 year old Staffy has arthritis, and I have found annual Pentosan (there are other similar medications with different names) injections work wonders...as soon as we notice him stiffening up, he gets an injection once a week for four weeks and he's good as new again for up to 12 months. We tried everything prior to this, and this has given the best results.

:thumbsup: thanks everyone for all the arthritis tips :) I havnt been able to reply to all of them but they all seem fantastic.

:D DOL really is an awesome place full such caring wonderful doggy folk :heart: