Introducing Rolf!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! :)

He is one gorgeous boofer Horts! So glad that everything is working so well... you won't want to come east now :p

We're still coming! The Great Dane Lovers Assoc of WA has all the info on dane friendly pet sitters!

Sadly no, I wasn't there. Bruno gets a bit over-excited when there are lots of other dogs, and tries to play with everyone.

It's an art-form keeping him focused at obedience training (about 15 dogs there) so I think the Million Paws walk would push him over the edge! :crazy::o

I would have loved to have seen all the diverse breeds there though...

Or he might have just been completely overwhelmed! They all look half crazy as you walk towards the beginning, but then they just sort of get over it - too much stimulation and they don't know what to do so surprisingly everybody seems to walk fairly calmly.

The range of breeds was impressive.

I saw newfies, a couple of landseer newfies, boxers, staffords, irish setters, greyhounds, a bassett, beagles, dachshunds, a very cute little bull terrier puppy that was playing with the danes, min pins, iggies, whippets, chis, a vizsla, old english sheepdogs, borders, kelpies, a mastiff, bullmastiffs, dobes, rotties, german shepherds and a group of 4 or 5 white shepherds, deerhounds, irish wolfhounds, labs, goldies, poodles, schnauzers, a few sibes, a malamute or two and I'm sorry I'm not very good at identifying the fluffy ones cos I can't see the dog for the fur but there were lots of different ones! And mutts of course, lots of loveable mutts. :)

ETA...and weimaraners, pugs, salukis, dalmatians, cocker spaniels and a springer spaniel, a cluster of Bernese mountain dogs, a dogue de Bordeaux, cavaliers, shar pei, a PULI (!! most unusual dog of the day) and Aust cattledogs and how could I have forgotten the cutest English pointer (I wanted to take him home, he had the most soulful eyes and gave gorgeous cuddles!)

Edited by hortfurball

I certainly am lucky! :)

As for impeccable, that might be taking it a bit far! :laugh: But if I wanted a robot, I'd have got myself a robot. We love them as much for their imperfections as their good manners. He is wonderful with other dogs but I have bruises where he keeps slapping me with a paw for more attention, the big galoof. He definitely tests the boundaries every so often - are you SURE I'm not allowed on the bed? :laugh:

Oops, forgot to say, you have a new dog? Cute faces, affies! I'm sure they were the inspiration for the ewoks in Star Wars :laugh:

Will look out for you too. :)

Edited by hortfurball

Rolf looks such a sweety :) Bet he is thanking his lucky star for ending up with you too :thumbsup:

Did you see any Finnish Lapphunds on the walk? I know there were at least 2 there :rofl:

There were some of the great dane group I didn't even find! I'm afraid I either didn't cross paths or was distracted by something else when I did. Not a lappie in sight. I did meet one at the vet a few months ago, little cutie :)

nice looking boy HFB. how tall is he and how much does he weigh?

Hey NCarter, have you been hiding out in the papillon thread? :) How's Stella going? Are you showing her as planned?

He's 86 cm at the shoulder and currently 58 kilos but should be approximately 65-70 kilos,

He's actually a particularly tall dane possibly because he was desexed at 6 months.

Danois, unfortunately we'll never know! He also reminded me of Boo when I first saw him but he was bred over here in the west. I know that much.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, moved house, lost internet but am back with more Rolf pics from our latest dane play dates!!

"The ultimate happy face!" This boy loves to run! Unfortunately about 3 seconds after this shot was captured, Rolf zoomed past me, flinging sand up into my camera's lens machanism and that was the end of my camera. Thankfully the awesome Over It Photography was there to capture these three photos (among others) :)

Beachplaydate01.jpg

"OMG Scary rock!!" (Rolf at the front, his friend Vader at the back)

Beachplaydate04.jpg

"It's a race!" (Rolf and his friend Malika)

Beachplaydate05.jpg

And some photos courtesy of one of the other dane mums, taken at a great dane playdate this Sunday at some nearby salt flats.

"Ella + dane slobber = eeewww!"

Saltflats17June201201.jpg

"She just loves her mum :heart: "

Saltflats17June201202.jpg

"Rolfie!"

Saltflats17June201203.jpg

"Charge!" How many danes can you count in this photo? A tip - Ella's not in the pic, the small figure at the back is a 5 month old dane pup, and the one that looks like a kangaroo to the right is my crazy Rolf! :laugh:

Saltflats17June201204.jpg

"My two babies"

Saltflats17June201205.jpg

"Ella gets some dane therapy"

Saltflats17June201206.jpg