What A Wonderful Watch Dog!

I was talking to a friend just now and she was furious.

There new large screen flat TV with column speakers and surround sound was stolen.

Buster their Staffy was home alone at the time.

In place of the TV was a tennis ball and a tug toy!

It seems he watched them and had fun... The police were battling to hold back laughter and so was I.

Good old Buster!

Haha, I'm pretty sure Quinn would do exactly the same, and probably be very disappointed to be left behind when the thieves left too!

I wonder if anyone saw anything, it's not like you can stick a big tv and sound system in a bag and sneak out of the house.

We used to joke all the time that Ollie dog would help them by carrying the remote if anyone ever broke into our place..

Ziggy isn't much better, he lets anyone in if they have food or a tennis ball...

I hope your friend has insurance... It is a terrible feeling knowing someone has been in your home uninvited and worse that they stole from you.

I despise thieves.. I have never understood why some people think it is OK to take something that isn't theirs.

I know how they feel. We have a property fence that goes the whole way around the house. I have often answered the door to someone we don't know with my SBT sitting next to them wagging her tail! Not even an alert bark :laugh:

My other bitsa dog is big enough to make people think twice about entering but she is mainly found sleeping in the lounge!

Sounds about right. Have always tried to impress upon puppy purchaser that Staffords are "watch dogs" and NOT "guard dogs".

Most of mine would sit the intruders down and get them a cuppa, then help them carry the goodies out to the car and hop in as well.

However, my current boy's mother worked slightly differently....she'd let anybody in, but woe betide if you tried to get out!!

The only thing Georgia would guard would be the fire. Everything else is fair game. :laugh:

Most people don't even realise we have a dog until they are face to face with her. I'm always being told how quiet she is. Probably because between the dog next door and the children she can't get a word in.

Edited by perrin

The only thing Georgia would guard would be the fire. Everything else is fair game. :laugh:

Most people don't even realise we have a dog until they are face to face with her. I'm always being told how quiet she is. Probably because between the dog next door and the children she can't get a word in.

Bruno would be the same.:laugh:

Our neighbours didn't know we had a dog because he rarely barks, only occasionally at cats. So, unless the burglars were cats, no-one would hear a sound.

My ex came home from work one day & found his TV, stereo & video recorder stolen, his dog was an APBT, he found her snoozing peacefully on his bed, vicious dogs these Pitties. :rofl:

She passed her lazy gene onto my Kenny. :(