Found Pup

I would be ringing the pound and explaining the situation, unless he is under duty of care the vet is doing the wrong thing.

Explain they wanted to adopt the pup and the vet won't release it to take it to the pound.

Well that is what i would think... i think this vet may have an issue with pitt mixes since that is what she most possibly is, some pit and great dane mix, i dont think any other vet would be reacting like this.... i will call the pound today... i attempted to call council before but my god they are impossible to get a hold of sometimes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my friend now has the pup, and to be honest i never thought he would fork out so much money and be so involved with her im so impressed.

She did contract Kennel Cough from the pound so he is treating her for that, he has also booked her in to get desexed when the time is right, she is the most beautiful little girl, just wants to be held and laze about all day, she loves playing with other dogs and shows no sign of aggression at the moment, just a beautiful placid little thing, her blood count is on the climb and on its way to being normal, Vet said that may be a contributing fact to the heart murmur so he is monitoring that very closely. I'm so glad she had a loving home now and that he has a support network our friend who works at petbarn gets everything at cost price +10% so he is helping our friend out heaps in the toys, bedding and food department.... the little girl has "crossed fingers" found her new forever home.

Edited by TheCheekyMonster

Good news for the puppy.

I hope your friend is using a different vet than the one who wanted to put her down?

What was the circumstances of her moving from the vet to the pound in the end?

Good news for the puppy.

I hope your friend is using a different vet than the one who wanted to put her down?

What was the circumstances of her moving from the vet to the pound in the end?

He reported the vet to the pound and they chased it up from there, she was on the register for a week no one claimed her so he got the call to come pick her up, she is registered and microchipped under his name now and she is also being so spoiled with toys!! and food, she is very thin so he is trying to fatten her up.... she looks a lot smaller in real life than in the photos, still a very big puppy but the pound registered her as a bull arab x (we think dane)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure haha, saw the little monkey on the weekend she has put on quite a bit of weight and is loving life no more kennle cough thats all clearned up, such a happy camper... he does need to work on her puppy manners though... she loves other dogs but she tends to just lunge for them....so hopefully we can get her and Gus playing because he doesnt care who lunges at him... they attempted to introduce her to Nala, but i didnt think that was the best idea..... was not the right setting....and Nala is all puppied out from Gus. WIll let you all know how that pans out.

Guest english.ivy

Good to hear shes going so well. Is she going to puppy school? That will help her manners.

Good to hear shes going so well. Is she going to puppy school? That will help her manners.

No she isnt unfortunatly, I dont think he can afford it, but I will mention it to him this weekend and see what he says, puppy pre-school is a little expensive around our area too, I think i paid $550 for ours.

Guest english.ivy

Whoa thats expensive. I never took mine but it was around $80. Basic training at home is good too, that is all I ever did.