C&c Please :-)

gapvic

Hi all,

I took these pics on my way to work on Wednesday. They are not cropped at all and are only lightly edited. Feedback would be most welcome :) - Thanks!

7310513912_0a0b2d306e_z.jpg

7310514976_a9ef044e77_z.jpg

Think maybe the tree to the right is too distracting in this one??

7310514302_663a7c2875_z.jpg

beautiful photos - I love the colours.

I actually like the close tree in your last photo. To me it gives the sensation of distance between the trees and adds a bit of visual depth, keeps my eye moving through the photo.

I know absolutely nothing about landscape photography, but the first two are beautiful. Gorgeous light!

Not sure about the last one. I think the big blob of light in the middle is distracting.

most important thing in landscape is to have the 3 components (aside from the obvious te4chincal stuff of sharp images, correct exposure for what you are wanting to do etc0< and that is to have foreground middle ground and background interest, and ideally not have the eye drawn through and then out of the picture, but to have it drawn around and back again For me, there is enough going on in all of these to achieve that - the tree you are worried about in no 3 actually helps provide that framing, so definitely needs to be there. If you want to try something different though, - don;t forget to change angles - not everything needs to be taken at the same height - try some up a bit higher than normal eye level, some lower, even lying on the ground, it is amazing how different things can look when the point of view is changed. Love the light processing too, I am not in favour of heavy handed processing.

As for these, the one thing to try to conjur with landscape is a feeling in the eye of the beholder who was not there and feeling the same stuff you were when you took the shot, and I certainly do with these - can just feel the crispness of the air, the feeble rays of the sun as it is first rising above the horizon, the birds starting to wake and call, great job

Thank you so much for the comments everyone - it means a lot to me. LindaK, I remembered your advice today when photographing some trees in an old cemetery. I was standing up taking them when it popped into my head about getting down low. The resulting shot was much better so thank you :D

Love the first two especially, they make me just want to follow the road and explore. Such a beautiful light :D

What does the last one look like with say the bottom 1/4 cropped off? Although I like the hint of light in that section, I'd like to see what it is like with less of the dark area too :)

What amazing light, no wonder you got distracted. I love all 3 shots, but I think my favorite is the second one - just love the gentle warmth of the diffused sunlight and the golden glow of those trees on the left, beautiful composition too imho. Yep, it definitely moves me!

The drama in the last one is just brilliant too.