Pet Hate - Light Hearted Thread

SwaY

My "pet hate" is taking my dog into the ring and thinking why is he so flat ????

Leaving the ring and then taking him outside, where he has the biggest dump.

And then he looks up all smiley and happy and much lighter lol.

Why couldnt he have gone the 5 times he had been toileted, before going in the ring ????

Cassie

So true! Or when they decide to dump in the ring even though they were taken for a toilet walk less than 15 minutes previously!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 pet hates :-)

Car parking - right on top of your car, blocking your car, arriving late and blocking driveways and not moving, not moving your car when asked, parking on grass when not supposed to, parking in no-standing areas, ad infinitum. C'mon folks - park and drop off your gear by all means BUT MOVE it, if you get there later park and walk the extra 20 metres...show some respect for others and the grounds/ roads where shows are held as well as allowing space and clear roads for the elderly, disabled and the potential emergency vehicle - as well as those who leave early as they have finished.

Gazebos - not leaving space between them to get to the rings eg 2 or 3 gazebos across then 1 metre lane way/ trolley space , not setting up required distance back from the rings, multi saves where a whole ringsied is 'saved' by one person for 6 other gazebos, moving others gazebos/ frames/ ropes because you feel like it when you set up ....

My "pet hate" is taking my dog into the ring and thinking why is he so flat ????

Why couldnt he have gone the 5 times he had been toileted, before going in the ring ????

Cassie

So true! Or when they decide to dump in the ring even though they were taken for a toilet walk less than 15 minutes previously!

I hate this. My young boy did this a few times to me, drove me insane!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Aziah with poor sportsmanship & mouthing off ringside. I was called an amateur by a person who doesn't really know me, I've been exhibiting & breeding dogs for 45 years, I have had numerous breeds in that length of time such as American Staffordshire Terriers, Bouvier Des Flanders,Lowchens, Great Danes etc. just to name a few & establishing breeds that are now popular in the show ring, importing dogs so that decent breeding lines could also be established.

I am thankful for the many kind folk who have taught me much about the canine world over the last 45 years as one never stops learning.

I havent posted on dol for ages(well just a little while) and have only just seen this thread but it is hilarious. Would love to see a reality TV show made of shows some time.

A few unlikes.

Ladies with huge unsupported puppies or large(not being mean here) ladies and gentlemen wearing clothing 5 times too small for them (seriously it doesnt turn me on) running around with everything hanging out.

No room between gazebos so us poor unfortunate exhibitors (who love a bit of a sleep in at the weekends and dont arrive at the crack of dawn to set up), can get up to the ring for breed judging.

Sometimes showing a dog which is NOT being stuffed full of bait can be bad. As secretly I would love to throw bait around or squeak hideous toys while in the BIG lineup.

Cassie

Oh i have had this before my very first show twice with my first ever show dog I just about died

Have showed other dogs since then that without fail no matter how often i try and toilet them they go in the ring sigh ihave learnt to take it with a grain of salt and a smile what else can i do lol

One of the first shows I ever entered a woman (different breed) was rude and condescending to me for no apparent reason. The next show shes all smiles, waving to me and chatting LOL. She obviously remembered me but forgot she had been a complete cow to me. Six years later she still greets me and is all smiles hehe.

I find the ppl who get all bent out of shape when they are beaten hilarious ... Oh the venom they direct at the clearly incompetent judge who couldn't see how superior THEIR dog was. Cracks me up every time.

Cassie

Oh i have had this before my very first show twice with my first ever show dog I just about died

Have showed other dogs since then that without fail no matter how often i try and toilet them they go in the ring sigh ihave learnt to take it with a grain of salt and a smile what else can i do lol

I had a dog do this to me at the Adleiade Royal, one of my first royals too. Middle of the day, lots of public watching, middle of our triangle and she went. Bloody dog. :p She got extra claps from the public though. LOL

Cassie

I had a dog do this to me at the Adleiade Royal, one of my first royals too. Middle of the day, lots of public watching, middle of our triangle and she went. Bloody dog. :p She got extra claps from the public though. LOL

OK You win :D Rofl I had my male who injured himself just before his breed at the royal last year benched whilst i had the girls in the ring came back and he had messed everywhere, over the bed the curtains the bench lol glad it wasn't the ring :D

One of my pet peeves are the new armbands that have been making a statement - the blingy ones with the ribbons flying off them. Sorry to those that have them/make them

Armbands are there to hold your number, ok I can deal with a pretty look, but the ribbons flapping everywhere - they are distracting... JMO (Ready to be flamed...)

Edited by RoxyNHemi

Pet hate... the blatent rudness of the people in my breed. People that are really loud in the ring for no reason. Muddy grounds so I look like I have been on the wipe out course after I get out of the ring.