Pet Hate - Light Hearted Thread

SwaY

Judges who roughly handle dogs thus causing problems.

Yes, this.

Also, judges that seem to talk a bit too much to each other about what's coming up for the other judge in the next ring.

I once showed under a husband/wife team at a double header show. The wife was rough with my dog's mouth, he cried and she told me he had an abcess (myself and his breeder checked his mouth after she'd hurt him and didn't see anything). Judges went for their tea break at the same time. I then went under the husband and he did not mouth my dog at all. :confused:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i agree with alot said..

rough judges or ones who couldnt give a crap

Dogs and people milling around the front of ur gazebo so u both cant see or get out from under it

dog peeing on gear

sore losers

sore winners

had a good one this weekend my dogs breeders and i set up our stuff (indoors so no gazebos) we faced all our crate doors into a centre line to make it easier to get them in and out and all that jaz.. so people turned up at last minute and had nowhere to set up... they jammed in behind us and then proceeded to use out walk way as their own person chatting point.. one was leaning on MY crate telling to get out of her way she cant see.. ummm i had some choice words...

people not watching their puppies and letting them chew my mats and chairs etc...

ok im stopping... bahahahahhhahahha

May I add one as a judge?

Putting bait into your dog's mouth just as I go to check the bite.

Come on, really?

My fingers are NOT bait!! So, don't expect your dog to know the difference, not to mention leaving me (and other judges) covered in excess slime and bits of bait.

Back to regular viewing.

Sags

:D

I have unthinkingly done that before and been told off by the judge in the ring... I was *very* embarrassed, but at least I haven't made the mistake again. I don't imagine chewed liver fingers would be much fun.

My other pet hate would be grabbing the undies with the dodgy elastic when getting dressed in the dark in the morning and not realising it until you have got to the show... wearing a skirt! Thank heavens for safety pins.

OMG you had me in hysterics... the visual imagery!!!

As a spectator turning up to a show and being lost and confused then missing the breeds that I had went to see. I'm getting so good at it no one wants to come to shows with me anymore :laugh:

--Lhok

Rude competitors who do not acknowledge you with as much as a smile when you offer them congratulations after they beat you for best of breed/ group or best of anything!

Ditto......that happened to me over the weekend.......said congratulations twice before I realised I was just being plainly ignored.....very weird

so many comments one could make on many of these....

Rude competitors who do not acknowledge you with as much as a smile when you offer them congratulations after they beat you for best of breed/ group or best of anything!

Ditto......that happened to me over the weekend.......said congratulations twice before I realised I was just being plainly ignored.....very weird

Not showing at the moment with my girl out of coat - but have been visiting.

Tried being friendly and said hello to an interstate exhibitor visiting the shows on the weekend. Complimented them on their dog and asked who it was. (Didn't have a catalogue). I was looked up and down and The reply I got was "Who are you?"

Well - obviously a nobody..... I crawled back in my box and went back to chatting to the friendly exhibitors. Had a good laugh about this later.

My pet peeve over many years of showing was shows on an fenced oval/ground. I was always on my own and carting all the gear miles across to the rings was my pet peeve and then worse was carting it all back again. When I was judging, exhibitors racing full speed around the ring, doesn't do a thing for Pekes lol. Stewarding - calling a number many times, about to call them absent and they pipe up from two feet away "I'm here!".

Bling leads where there is a bead just above the dogs head when the sun catches it you can't see the dog past the glare.

I'd shorten that to just Bling Leads :laugh: don't like 'em. A little bling is OK, but some are very distracting.

I like my leads to match either what I'm wearing, or my dog. If I'm wearing black and I have a white dog, I won't use a fluro pink lead with sparkly stuff all over it.

Edited by weisnjac

Bling leads where there is a bead just above the dogs head when the sun catches it you can't see the dog past the glare.

I'd shorten that to just Bling Leads :laugh: don't like 'em. A little bling is OK, but some are very distracting.

I like my leads to match either what I'm wearing, or my dog. If I'm wearing black and I have a white dog, I won't use a fluro pink lead with sparkly stuff all over it.

Totally agree with this! Both my dogs have one lead each and that is what they are shown on. I can't stand all the bright coloured leads that detract from the dog. BTW both my leads are black :)

When they say lunch will end at a certain time, so you get your dog ready and they are very late starting back

Or when the steward says that judging of Group Specials will be after lunch as the show is running Junior Handlers at a specific time, so you go get lunch and then they announce over the PA that Group X will be done before lunch :o Which then means you don't eat coz it is cold by the time you are finished :rofl: Good way to lose weight I guess :laugh:

My other pet peeve is taking my armband number holder off and putting it somewhere "safe" while I am not showing then madly trying to find it again when I have to go back into the ring as the safe spot moved! Safe spots are evil whether they are in your house or at a show :mad

Edited by mirawee

i must agree im not a fan of bling leads either my leads match my dog and i have one or two the same for each dog so i have a back up i dont want to be able to see the lead on the dog and the beads and crap weight it down IMO and make it hard to run on a loose lead as they swing all over the shop

I've just read all of the replies to this thread and thinking yes, oh god yes, YES!!

One of my pet hates is people crowding the entrance to the ring who aren't in the breed currently being shown. Especially when they stand there and try to move you when you still have to go back into the ring!

People who very loudly ring their friends from ringside after they have been in so that everyone gets to hear how successful they are. And they block the entry while they stand there gasbagging.

Really hate people who loudly bag out other people's dogs and other exhibitors. :mad

And why do they have to put the poo bins right near the ring entrance? I know of one young baby about to be shown who freaked out completely at someone emptying the pooper scooper and banging it on the tin poo bin. Not only do they stink by the end of the day but in summer the flies are terrible!