Having Never Picked A Dog Up,from Airport

katetk

I was shocked to when i collected my import from gatwick, they only asked my name and flight number, never asked for any ID. She was walked out separate to her crate which i was asked if i wanted to keep it - then had the job of trying to fit it into the car. Next time i will take a screw driver so i can break down the crate to fit into the car easier - luckily this one just fitted onto the front seat while dog was in my car crate in the back

Well dogtainers stuffed us around today, they somehow didn't put our girl on her next flight, so she was in amelbourne for over seven hours, luckily they gave her food and water etc, she finally landed in Launceston at ten pm, (after not finding out until the plane was meant to land that she wasn't on the earlier flight grr) went to the toll depot, sign up saying after 9:30, collect at terminal, ok, move car, go into terminal, ask quarantine officer where to collect pup, blank look, "what puppy? No puppy on this flight" cue exhausted tears on my part, I explain the whole day, quarantine officer feels very guilty, apparently he is just having a joke, but regardless pup is to be collected at toll depot, leave, pay for unneeded parking fee (grr) go back to previously locked up toll depot, say I'm there for pup, "sure, I just need some photo I'd" oh heck, I left my handbag in the car, trek back out to car, retrieve id, come back in, toll guy checks I'd, records licence number and hands over pup in crate, get back in car, cue kids "can I pat the puppy?" geez, give me a chance! Hand her to supposedly most responsible child, not sure who fell asleep first, puppy or kid! Arrive home, (two hours later) kids start fighting over whose bed she is sleeping on, I get grumpy, say "mine" and exit swiftly to bed!

To my darling husband, who did over 8 hours driving today so I could pick up this puppy, I love you dearly!

To my crazy kids, if you want to hand feed her dry dog food one at a time, you will be there a while!

To Mel, the kids insists on buying you no less than 3 brand new beds, plus your brand new crate, so why must you sleep on my dressing gown!

Ruth

But it really worries me when airport staff don't ask for ID - really anybody who knew your name and the breed of the pup could have absconded with him.:mad

When I picked up my pup from Sydney airport they didn't ask to see my paperwork or ID or anything, and I was really surprised. Anyone could go and pick up any pup, and no one would know who they were or where it went!

Thanks guys!

Well after numerous (numerous numerous) delays, his flight finally got in at 5.30pm (was suppose to be here at 12), am glad he had his little mate with him to keep him company, he flew with virgin with jet pets.

He is too cute, a little blue tan border terrier, we have named Hugo. My 4 yr old cairn LOVES him, the 8 yr old Burmese has gone in hunger strike and taking it out of the 5 yr old tonk lol.

Will try and post a pic..its been a while.

//9292358a.jpg

]f92a1c0c.jpg