Leaving Dog Home Alone

angelnkids

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full run of the house here - With dog door if needed. Like previous posters I will *touchwood* and say they have never been chewers. They sit on the top of our couches looking out the window like a couple of cats

All of my 4 dogs are allowed full access to the house and yard, including upstairs and bedrooms. Doggie doors are a wonderful thing. :laugh: None of them have ever been chewers or destructive at all. Once in a blue moon they'll find some wrappers in the office bin and take them somewhere. We've never had any issues with accidents, even with the 2 boys being rescues and adults at the time we got them. It's mild in Sydney compared to a lot of other places, but I would feel awful if our guys were locked outside. :o They aren't really kennel types. All they do is sleep on our beds/couch all day, anyway.

My guy is an inside dog whenever I go out. I'm too paranoid to leave him outside when nobody is home because we have neighbors who have a dog that barks excessively during the day whilst no one is home, and it causes a couple behind us to go off about it. There's no issues with destruction or anything here, might come home to the odd stuffed toy everywhere every once in awhile but I think he spends most of his alone time sleeping.

hello everyone, normally when we go out we leave the dog outside, but at the moment its raining and cold, where does everyone else leave their dog in winter?

She has excellent toilet control, she can go hours and hours without going.

I would rather leave her in our bedroom with the door shut, she has her bed and crate in there, with some toys, I just dont know if she would chew anything??

any tips/advice

thanks

tracy

Someone is dog sitting for me at the moment and she is in the lap of luxury I am sure of it .Lady muck lol, At home when alone she has a choice of a nice warm dog kennel outside which is stuffed with all manner of insulation ranging from pea straw, to an old sleeping bag, She can head inside to the back part of the house through the dog flap if she wants, She has a dog bed in there with a sewn on blanket she can crawl into.

My tips for outside are have a good dog house with good insulation which is undercover and out of the rain, that is about all. The dog will choose to use it or not.

We have a dog door which enables our dogs to go inside and out from our Laundry. We have there beds etc in the laundry. They come in and out as they please. When we are home from work and its sunny we put the dog door slide in place so they cant come inside

ive tried her a couple of times inside, with main areas apart from the bedrooms, and she has been fine, and not wrecked anything in the house, i left her plently of chew toys, and everything went good.

:)

thanks for all the advice

another bad storm due tomos though in perth :(