Little Black Book

-Megz-

Hi,

This has also made me think....... that as the results of each show do get sent to the controlling body (in NSW they do) it would be great if the results were available on their website. I would love to see both CC's and all the group awards for each show be it AB, Group or Specialty with also a search facility where you can enter a judges name and see what shows they judged and their results. I know this will never happen.....as they would say too much work.

many breeds have "lists" on Yahoo and members post results regularly .... in my breed results are posted

every weekend from all over the country ... it's a great resource...

Hi,

This has also made me think....... that as the results of each show do get sent to the controlling body (in NSW they do) it would be great if the results were available on their website. I would love to see both CC's and all the group awards for each show be it AB, Group or Specialty with also a search facility where you can enter a judges name and see what shows they judged and their results. I know this will never happen.....as they would say too much work.

many breeds have "lists" on Yahoo and members post results regularly .... in my breed results are posted

Hi

That they do......but there is no search on a judges name as to what they have awarded and where......the info goes to the controlling bodies, if the info was recorded and made available...it would be a one stop shop.....and a even better, easier to use resource

I do have a black book!

However to be honest, for some judges I have entered under them again to surprisingly better result than the previous time! Some of these judges were in my black book! :laugh:

Some judges I won't enter again that will put up dogs that dragged around or can't even walk on the lead, been under a few already to be beaten like that! :(

It's really down what I think of the judge, and if they are worth another entry from me :).

I do however have a green book for judges who has awarded my dogs highly (whether it's CC or Classes in Group or Specialty Wins).

Edited by Tambaqui

Hi

That they do......but there is no search on a judges name as to what they have awarded and where......the info goes to the controlling bodies, if the info was recorded and made available...it would be a one stop shop.....and a even better, easier to use resource

Every yahoogroup list I belong to I can search by someones name and see what they've done and where ....

Yes it would be nice if our controlling bodies had a database .. but that's never going to happen ....

Many years ago I used to keep a card system of all judges I showed under ... gave up on that long time

ago ... I never forget the bad ones ... :)

Hi,

That would be fantastic!

Same as all others.....I wont enter again if they were rude or overly firm with their handling of the dog.

I always try not to enter under a judge who I know is a "face judge" ( i am not a face :laugh: ).....but I usually end up entering thinking maybe will be different... :laugh:

I seem to remember the rough judges.

There was one in particular who was more of a "slapper" than going over the dogs. He scared one of girls. I thought stupidly he'd stop doing it. So I entered under him again. And he scared my puppy! That's it. Never again. 2 chances and you're out. I couldn't stand his sour puss face when he judged either! LOL

So far only a few judges in my Black Book (although its not actually black) but they are all there for the same reason. As we are usually the last breed in our group at 99% of shows we do, these judges are usually the ones that will call class winners before all the breeds are in the ring.

The first time this happened I had bought a titled dog for my neice as she wanted to show. We travelled away for a weekend of showing and at the first show she had to take her dog in for a class in group. The dogs were called into the ring one at a time by the steward.

The judge didn't even bother to turn around and look at her dog. She took two steps into the ring and the judge called the class winner. All the other dogs were lined up opposite the gate. The arrogant judge just ignored her and her dog. As such she came out of the ring somewhat upset and refused to go back into the ring. This was the first show of a 4 show weekend.

The end result, I showed her dog for her for the rest of the weekend, she has never gone to another show since and I refuse to go under that judge again or any other judge that does something similar. Had two others listed for the same reason

So far only a few judges in my Black Book (although its not actually black) but they are all there for the same reason. As we are usually the last breed in our group at 99% of shows we do, these judges are usually the ones that will call class winners before all the breeds are in the ring.

The first time this happened I had bought a titled dog for my neice as she wanted to show. We travelled away for a weekend of showing and at the first show she had to take her dog in for a class in group. The dogs were called into the ring one at a time by the steward.

The judge didn't even bother to turn around and look at her dog. She took two steps into the ring and the judge called the class winner. All the other dogs were lined up opposite the gate. The arrogant judge just ignored her and her dog. As such she came out of the ring somewhat upset and refused to go back into the ring. This was the first show of a 4 show weekend.

The end result, I showed her dog for her for the rest of the weekend, she has never gone to another show since and I refuse to go under that judge again or any other judge that does something similar. Had two others listed for the same reason

I do have a judge in my book for just that reason. Didnt even let the class winners get in the ring (the last few were still to be called by the steward). He did it for several of the classes. Never ever will that judge get another entry from me. Sure, he may have made up his mind (glad he can keep them all straight - knowing what dogs were in what class from each breed ......). But a common courtesy would have at least been to let the dogs have their number called and enter the ring.

Edited by espinay2

I have a blue book and list all judges I've been under with a comment. Highlight means they like my dog & enter under them again.

Only have one red cross for a judge that approached my dog muttering "why bother doing this" before dumping me big time. Don't think he knew he said it out loud.

oh just remembered a judge up at Toowoomba who said, in front of her steward, writer and exhibitors picking up challenges, as she washed her hands ringside "I hate judging group X dogs - they all drool and smell" - wtf?????? certainly there are some droolers in the group but majority aren't and certainly very few smell.....person is an idiot who has trouble identifying breeds anyway.......

oh just remembered a judge up at Toowoomba who said, in front of her steward, writer and exhibitors picking up challenges, as she washed her hands ringside "I hate judging group X dogs - they all drool and smell" - wtf?????? certainly there are some droolers in the group but majority aren't and certainly very few smell.....person is an idiot who has trouble identifying breeds anyway.......

That's poor - why accept the appointment, or even bother with getting that group in teh first place, if they don't like it?

Ok so my question is:

What kind of notes do you put against judges?

What would you consider a reason to not judge under a particular judge again?

I have been tempted to follow the judges who put my dogs up, but I have resisted up to now.

However, there is no secret that one particlar couple, husband/wife, will never see any of my dogs again.

I also feel that way about some committes, and states.

Perfectly entitled to make my objections too.

We had a well known judge go over our breed and picked out all the dogs by one breeder and later in the write ups basically said only that breeders dogs were any good. Next time they judged they got a coouple of new exhibitors and that breeders dogs - judge said in write up 'small entry but at least the quality dogs turned up' next time this person judged, they got even less (less then half the average entry for the breed at the time). Same judge also used their position writing for one of the dog papers to on 3 occasions promote one dog in the breed (a breed they had nothing to do with). So that judge is in the very small 'don;t bother with' list.

Hi,

I do this from the DOL results & there is a dobe site which you can search judges/results but it isn't used much by people anymore so is becoming less usefull unfortunately. I take note of who/which dogs were entered, winners, in group/show awards - and if they are to type with our dogs. I also note the WHO's that win regardless of what dog they take in and avoid those judges - particularly if they have several dogs all of differing type who win, particularly if travelling.

I have also started to note clubs that obviously favour particular exhbitiors or their committee and will not be giving them my hard earned anymore.