Breeders Sentenced In Cruelty Case

Sheridan

People who want to make some money should complete a Certificate IV in Small Business.

Trying to turn dog breeding into a money making venture is simply lazy and deluded business practice.

Sounds like they got away with some of the charges, but still a good outcome.

Interesting to read though, they can own animals they already have but not buy any more. Do they own any or where they all seized? I don't think they should be allowed to have any

Guest lavendergirl

Better outcome than we seem to get in Australia. Couple of lowlifes in Logan south of Brisbane starved two staffies to death and received some piddling fine and can't own an animal for 3 (yes only 3) years.

Better outcome than we seem to get in Australia. Couple of lowlifes in Logan south of Brisbane starved two staffies to death and received some piddling fine and can't own an animal for 3 (yes only 3) years.

In comparison 3 years is a VERY long time when you consider what the dogs and cats this couple had went through, and the sheer numbers involved.

Over 50 dogs and more than 100 cats were seized from memory, and they were left with more than 20 animals. How is it going to be policed that they can only have the animals they currently have - is someone going to go and check the microchips every day? :mad

Edited by Sandra777

Don't know about NZ but Aus yes they can own animals even if they have been banned by a court of law, it just goes in someone else's name.

Welcome to the real world, not the world of a paper trail. I cant believe Dolers with all the masses of info at hand can portray to be so worldly and just yet be so naive at the same time.

confused.gif

People who want to make some money should complete a Certificate IV in Small Business.

Trying to turn dog breeding into a money making venture is simply lazy and deluded business practice.

Google tells me how to do it, and I can even buy an e-book or 10 on puppy farming peddling expertise and all. Personally whelping pups would freak me out, i'le leave it to the eggsperts.

Pun intended.

In comparison 3 years is a VERY long time when you consider what the dogs and cats this couple had went through, and the sheer numbers involved.U

Over 50 dogs and more than 100 cats were seized from memory, and they were left with more than 20 animals. How is it going to be policed that they can only have the animals they currently have - is someone going to go and check the microchips every day? :mad

You seem to have some personal knowledge of this case beyond what has been reported. Care to share?

In comparison 3 years is a VERY long time when you consider what the dogs and cats this couple had went through, and the sheer numbers involved.U

You seem to have some personal knowledge of this case beyond what has been reported. Care to share?

Yes I do and no thank you.

Guest lavendergirl

Don't know about NZ but Aus yes they can own animals even if they have been banned by a court of law, it just goes in someone else's name.

Welcome to the real world, not the world of a paper trail. I cant believe Dolers with all the masses of info at hand can portray to be so worldly and just yet be so naive at the same time.

confused.gif

What do you mean??

Guest lavendergirl

In comparison 3 years is a VERY long time when you consider what the dogs and cats this couple had went through, and the sheer numbers involved.

The punishment should reflect the cruelty involved IMO which was rather extensive in this case - even though two dogs were involved rather than several.

Then don't post.

Then don't post.

Sorry, didn't realise this was a private thread just for you to post in :laugh:

Then don't post.

Sorry, didn't realise this was a private thread just for you to post in :laugh:

It isn't, but unless you were there you're going on gossip which means it is unlikely to be true, and if you were, you had something to do with the case which means even the little 'I know something you don't' hints you're dropping shows an irresponsible lack of professionalism.

Edited by Sheridan