Latest Cutie Pie - Matilda

Seeing as Reuben has picked himself his new forever home and left me today, I've brought home someone a bit smaller...

... Matilda - a black and tan Kelpie puppy - about 10 weeks old I think (better check her DOB tomorrow)

OMG! This pup is sweet! I can see what may be the attraction to Kelpies... she has the prettiest face, and when she looks at you with those intelligent big brown eyes... instant heart melt!

She watches everything and you can see her processing the info...

I'm going to try to get some photos tomorrow so you can all see what a cutie she is, OK?

T.

OMG! This pup is sweet! I can see what may be the attraction to Kelpies... she has the prettiest face, and when she looks at you with those intelligent big brown eyes... instant heart melt!

:) *nods*

Very very much looking forward to pics!!

Edited by Weasels

OK - her birthday is 6/4/12 - makes her 12 weeks old...

She was very good last night... and already a couch cuddle professional... *grin*

She settled perfectly in her night crate when it was bed time - not a peep out of her at all.

She decided to go and look for the back yard herself this morning, but the crazy dog that walks funny (Pickles) decided to scare her by wanting to play, and she came hightailing it back to me for reassurance that the scary dog wasn't going to tread on her. She's happy to bump noses with the scary dog, but not quite up for the rough and tumble just yet methinks. She did try to make Zed play with her, but Zed is way more interested in lying in front of the heater at this time of the morning... hehe! She is fascinated by Trouble the Lab - thinks she's great!

She really is a stunning little thing - lovely glossy coat and really intelligent eyes. I think she's going to be a bit of a terror once she's settled in... let's see if I'm smart enough for her...

T.

T.

You're so right about Kelpies!

Those pictures are O-M-G:-) Thank goodness that dog is not in a pet store as Matilda would be snapped up, probably by the wrong sort of buyers in <5 minutes.

If you are only starting to "get" Kelpies now, what until they are grown up and they literally only have eyes for your next command to the exclusion of everything that is going on around them.

Amazing dogs and Matilda is so cute.... my guess is that she will be playing with scary dog in no time.

We have now decided that "scary dog" isn't so scary any more... in fact, she is great fun to rumble with... when she isn't stealing our toys and running off with them...

And she's the first female foster I've had that doesn't decide to play with her poopies when crated - she covers them up instead so I have to look for them to clean them up... lol!

She has to be the quietest foster I've had ever too - she barely makes any noise at all - not heard her bark or cry yet... even when I got home from work and all the others were going mental - she just waited patiently for me to let her out of her huge play crate and then tried to help me clean up and get changed out of my work clothes.

She is also a dream to handle, taking her stitches out was easily a one person job, and she is happy to let you cut her nails and clean her ears and eyes, and lets you look at her teeth with minimal fuss too.

She only has one "bad" point... she travels terribly. Vom bombs and slobber city! She won't be a tradie's dog - that's for sure!

T.

As much as she loves having couch cuddles, if I put her off the couch, she just goes over to the dog bed in the lounge room and snuggles up there - no being pushy and demanding to be let back on the couch. She is such a well behaved little lady...

T.

If any of you fine people know of anyone looking for a lovely quiet and well mannered little Kelpie girl - feel free to give me a yell, OK?

I'd love her to go to a home where she is understood - being a Kelpie, her exercise and mental stimulation needs are probably going to be reasonably high methinks - she is quite people oriented and happy to veg out with her humans too...

T.