Family Looking For A New 4 Legged Member

Hi All

My brother and his family are trying to find a medium (?) sized dog to add to his family. They own their own home and have a large fully secure yard (lots of shelter). The family consists of two girls 8 and 6 and twin boys 2 yrs old. Both my brother and his wife have had dogs all their lives (of all sizes and temperament). They are naturally more concerned about temperament rather than breed, they need a dog who wants attention and tolerant of children. They are great kids used to their Grandparents dogs (they live across the road from them). The dog will receive bucket loads of love and attention and will be walked as well as played with a lot. It will be part of the family not simply in the backyard and forgotten. Any ideas or dogs you know that need a home please let me know. The home is in Sydney. [email protected] 0452522289. Karen Falconer

NSW Animal Rescue has a couple of pups that may suit...

Lola is a Lab X - black with white on one front paw and on her chest - desexed, vacced, chipped, etc. She is around 12-14 weeks old.

Matilda is a Kelpie - black and tan - desexed vacced, chipped, etc. She is around 12 weeks old. You can see pics of Matilda here... http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/239115-latest-cutie-pie-matilda/

Both pups would love to have their very own family who will play with and adore them. Both are adorable now, and will grow up to be handsome/stunning dogs (IMHO)

Contact details can be found here... http://www.nswar.org.au/index/contact_us.htm

T.

I know of a young koolie x looking for a home in Sydney, ( it was in the non urgent section, buts its gone). :(

He is with a family, housetrained, lives inside,good onlead and off, plays ball with kids , usual story, no time for him.

Will post a pic ( on my other laptop), if interested, he is getting desperate.

Thank you all for your help. I have passed the informatioon on and hopefully one will pan out. Yes if i could get contact details etc for the koolie X that would be great too.

Thnks again will keep you posted re progress

Karen

PS WAR????

Edited by Falgall

Thank you all for your help. I have passed the informatioon on and hopefully one will pan out. Yes if i could get contact details etc for the koolie X that would be great too.

Karen

PS WAR????

WAR is Wagga Animal Rescue lol :)

Hi Again

Could you please tell me where Lola and Matilda are located? Is there a pic of Lola?

Does the Koolie x still need a home?

Thanks

Karen

Lola and Matilda are located in South West Sydney - about 20 mins south of Penrith. I haven't got any pics of Lola at the moment, but if the weather is decent on Saturday I can get a few. She looks a lot like a Labrador pup. If you send an email to the address on the contact page I posted and say Tracey advised to send a photo, I'm sure Cassie can send you one sooner than the weekend.

We also have an older pup named Pumpkin - looks like an ACD/Corgi - red cattle markings and blue eyes. She's about 9 months old.

T.

Karen

PS WAR????

WAR is Wagga Animal Rescue lol :)

Haha, oops automatically think everyone knows what I'm talking about hehe

Hi All

My brother's family are definitely going to meet with Lola - to say there is excitment in the air would be an understatement.

Hopefully it pans out but if not I am sure these leads will pan out. Ideal location as well as they are located near Penrith. I have asked them to view the pic above as well. Do you know how old the dog is??

Thanks for the leads

Karen

I will let you know what happens :D

Found the contact for Buddy, he is one.

He has had all his vet work done,rehoming due to allery in kids, and parents are in police force and work shifts, no time for him.

Glenwood is about 20 mins from Penrith down the m7.

Edited by juice

Hi All

Well apparently things were not as clear cut as I thought and I apologise for my lack of facts.

The family saw the gorgeous Lola today but one of the girls broke out in welts and is apparently has a mild allergy to dogs (saliva, dander or fur I am not sure). I am sorry but I was unaware of this till tonight as she has never broken out near my dogs albeit she has only met them a couple of times. The younger girl was frightened of dogs but talking to my brother apparently she is always standoffish till she gets to know them.

The Lab part of Lola proved a little bit too big for the boys so a smaller breed would be more suitable.

Thank you very much to Lola's Foster carer for her help and guidance despite the situation being more complicated than first anticipated.

The search is not over and I am sure the right dog is out there.

Thanks again

Karen

Staffy...

They are amazing with kids, love to be part of the family, will like a decent walk and are very tolerant of kids...

All of ours over the years have had kids crawling all over them and they were perfect...

Not the done thing these days because we are all wiser and realise kids need to be taught how to interact with dogs but kids are kids and dogs need to be as bomb proof as possible.

We rehomed a lovely 18 month old staffy girl to a family with 2 girls that are 8 and 3 and a boy who is 6. The dog spends most of her time playing with the youngest and her new owners can't believe how wonderfully gentle she is with the kids but rumbles like a loon with the adults...

This is also a family who had been around our dogs over the years and said they could never have a staffy (after watchingnhow rough they can play) now they wouldn't swap her for anything...