Selling Off Prizes...

SwaY

Prizes...  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Have you sold prizes you have won at dog shows

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A no idea why we need this but someone always says it should be included.
  2. 2. Do you think it is ok to sell off prize you have won at dog shows?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A no idea why we need this but someone always says it should be included.

By prize I mean food, toys, vouchers, appliances; anything other then the pretty ribbon.

I don't have a problem with it but the person I spoke to today said no you should keep them all - so a poll begins...

Edited by SwaY

By prize I mean food, toys, vouchers, appliances; anything other then the pretty ribbon.

I don't have a problem with it but the person I spoke to today said no you should keep them all - so a poll begins...

Or, like most raffle prizes, they get donated to some club or other or to a charity, dog food goes to a shelter...............

I don't see a problem with selling them. Personally, if I have won something that I don't want or need, I have a friend who regularly collects items for a local dog shelter so I donate them.

I have given stuff away. To friends who have helped me out for example or as a donation. But I see no issue in someone selling something. If they won it fair and square, they can do with it as they wish.

I have a friend who merrily sells things like wedding gifts, yet she goes pale at the thought of selling a dog show trophy. And she cannot understand why I find that somewhat amusing......

At first I voted that I hadn't sold off prizes, but then I remembered I have sold a couple of plates/bowls in a garage sale :) Mostly I donate them to a raffle table if I don't want them. Obviously I have no problem with selling off prizes, but I must admit I have hung on to a few ghastly prizes because the wins were special.

I rarely keep show trophies because there off no use.

We will generally donate them to another small breed/group club ,i wouldn't sell them unless maybe a crate or trolley that was not required but all the fiddly things just find a new home other wise we would need a new shed just for all the things we have won & would never use

I just wish all clubs gave cash prizes atleast it is usable

Voted Yes.

Sometimes sold some prizes to fund buying our dogs more food.

Occasionally have given some things to charity/friends/family.

There was a trend that chairs were prizes, kept a couple for spares then gave some to family.

Gave some dry food to dog rescues.

I know it takes alot of time & effort to select prizes so I think carefully about what to do with the prizes.

BB

I rarely keep show trophies because there off no use.

We will generally donate them to another small breed/group club ,i wouldn't sell them unless maybe a crate or trolley that was not required but all the fiddly things just find a new home other wise we would need a new shed just for all the things we have won & would never use

I just wish all clubs gave cash prizes atleast it is usable

:thumbsup: on the cash prizes and yes I would need a shed to. Most that I win now days I donate back just to get rid of them. (small house)

When I had the big cleanout before I left to go to Tas. I filled the wagon with what was left and donated them to my local club.

The misc 'stuff' type prizes go in a spare cupboard here. Some of it I have re-gifted to unsuspecting relatives (only if I think it is something they would like!), and every year I give some of it to my breed club for raffles or show prizes. When the cupboard is full I then have a garage sale or attend a car boot sale and sell it.

Food prizes I use if it is what I feed anyway, otherwise I have given away to other exhibitors, local shelter, or if it is a decent size bag of decent food I have sold via the classifieds here. Guess I am a bit ruthless.

I have some beautiful trophies that are from breed clubs that are engraved etc, and I treasure those. My first ever class in group prize was some plastic tubs, and I still use these, and are probably the most practical prize I have ever had.

It's great to see people have donated or given away prizes rather then making money off them. I don't know why but I wouldn't feel right selling something I had won. Just me I guess! :o

When you win an art union house or car you can give it to me instead of making money off it :p

It's great to see people have donated or given away prizes rather then making money off them. I don't know why but I wouldn't feel right selling something I had won. Just me I guess! :o

When you win an art union house or car you can give it to me instead of making money off it :p

LOL! Don't hold your breathe, I never win anything :p