Urgent Help Please

esky

Please don't think I am in any way wanting to hurt my girl or prolongue the enevitable.

I merely want to transport her 10 mins back home & of course have the vet come out.

I was given my baby & an oxygen bottle etc to transport her the same 10 mins from the emergency vet this morning to my regular vet (I was driving alone) so can't understand why I can't just do the same to home to say goodbye?

I will also add my husband is fully qualified in working with oxygen etc through his work.

I hope I haven't upset anyone by bringing this up or have anyone think I won't do the right thing by Penny.

My thoughts are with you Esky but I have to agree with Haredown Whippets in that it may be more stressful on her to transport her home. I had to help my GSD Sascha to the bridge 3 yrs ago and our vet came out to the car so we didn't have to carry her in to the sterile environment of the clinic. Having had to do this three times before it was a much nicer way to have her in familiar surroundings to say our goodbyes. If your reasoning is to have your other fur babies with her then this could be achieved in your vehicle. Big hugs for Penny and you - definitely a stressful time.

I am sorry you are in this situation and that you are feeling so desperate when time is probably running out. All I can suggest is that rather than letting her go in the vet surgery, take her out to your car, sit with her there and say your goodbyes. That is what I did with my dear little whippet Iris. She loved the car, it was like home to her.

Can you take her home at the close of the clinics day and have your vet follow you home?

You can settle her in a favorite spot and let her go to sleep in peace at home. :hug: :hug:

That is if she can be off oxygen for that long.

Sorry for your dilemma.

I think you'll find oxygen can be purchased through welding supply places (If I remember right, Boc is a company that supplies gasses for industrial purposes in Oz). Oxygen isn't dangerous per se, but things burn better at higher oxygen levels and in some circumstances, oxygen may promote explosions. So you need to avoid flammable materials and anything that might cause sparks. As for making a tent, mask, or whatever, that's another question.

p.s. I spent a year burning things in enhanced oxygen environments (scientific experiments) so I got to know sources of O2.

Edited by sandgrubber

Esky, I am so sorry that this is happening.

I know how well-loved Penny, and all of your pack are.

We should find out a definite answer to this, although it may be too late for Penny, it could help someone else another time.

Esky I am so sorry I didn;t see this, but even if I had I wouldn't have had the answers for you. I would have spent every second looking for you though

Your little girl will go to heaven knowing that she had the kindest mum and dad she could have ever have been lucky enough to have had. There would never have been a moment in her little life that she would have wanted for anything whether that be emotional, or physical.

Those animals are so lucky when they get your attention. Even the ones who don't end up living with you. Look at our little Pepe. You made so many pleas for the little dog in Hawkesbury Pound who loved his squeaky hamburger. He was the complete opposite of anything we ever wanted and five years later he is still here and spoilt rotten. He got me through a rotten xmas and a prett crappy illness at the time.

You're one of the quiet(est) achievers of rescue and I for one am so grateful for what you brought into my life. I cannot even imagine how much the dogs in your care feel that same love and gratitude for you