Indeigestion?

Do dogs get indigestion?

I ask because I have noticed in the last week after Gus eats he will make this very weird burpy sound but it comes from his stomach.

He is also doing that thing when dogs are about to vomit or clear their throat.... not sure if I should be worried or not, his Gums are nice and pink and his not salivating excessively or drinking a lot.... but I'm a little worried he might get bloat... he hoovers food and no matter what I do I cant get him to slow down and scattering food around the yard isnt an option. (I guess i could use the kong but he gives up after a while)

Edited by TheCheekyMonster

Dogs most certainly can get indigestion..

My old stafford was on medication for it..

You can buy special food bowls that have a tall piece in the middle of them, so the dog has to eat around it, they are supposed to slow them down a bit..

Perhaps freezing the food, so he has to chew/lick it more, might slow him down.

Or you could try giving him his food in smaller portions a few times a day..

Having bones slows them down, they have to chew those.. I mean things like chicken carcasses, turkey necks, brisket bones...

I have a Scoff Stopper bowl for one of mine that is a real pig with food. Certainly slows her down.

I just looked up Scoff Stopper and found one of my puppy homes who have not kept contact. :thumbsup:

I think they changed their email or something.

They'd left a comment and the Dogs name is unique and unmistakable.

I also recognised the Name of the person.

I have a Scoff Stopper bowl for one of mine that is a real pig with food. Certainly slows her down.

I 2nd the scoff stopper. Otherwise my piggy would make some awful noises as he tried to keep everything dow. I think it was all the air he swallowed.