Weird Situation

W Sibs

Last night, I got a note at the fly screen door from a neighbour from the next street over saying that my dogs have escaped the yard and causing havotic in their street (apparently they were watching a dog dart on and off the street and nearly getting hit by a car). But being home all day yesterday, I know for sure that my dogs has never left the house or yard. Charlie, in fact, only left his bed to go outside to do his business and he was back inside again sleeping. Emmy and Skeeter always comes in to check in with me every 1/2 hour or so and when they aren't playing, they are sleeping or getting cuddles or is with me doing training.

On Saturday, the dogs were with me all day and night. Only time they were at home was for 20 minutes when I went to the shops to get food and I know they stayed inside because Skeeter flooded my kitchen (again).

The neighbour didn't leave their address or phone number for me to get in contact with them. I know it's silly, now I'm a little worried. I've never had a complaint or anything like this happen to me before :o

Just a little worried that if anything happens, we'll have council at the front door questioning about the dogs..

We'd have to convince them that it wasn't my dogs loose on the street or barking all the time..

Leave the note taped to your door and ask them to ring your doorbell to talk to them about it :)

I've got security cameras recording around the perimeter of my property 24/7 - someone thought they saw Ziva and it was another JS! We could see Z standing at her dog run barking at her friend :)

Maybe you could make a call to the local council in your area and make them aware of a dog at large and tell them the situation, that way if they come knocking you have all bases covered.

Maybe ask your friendly neighbours about it, and let them know it wasn't yours.

I had my vet clinic ring one day and say they had one of my dogs there, brought in as a stray.

That had me very briefly in a panic until I checked all of mine were home. The vet nurse wasn't having it though, she still insisted it was mine. They knew the microchip numbers so she could have just checked that but hadn't bothered, she was so sure there couldn't be two of that colour and breed in Canberra, LOL.

Guest Willow

I've had the same thing happen....one morning not long after we moved here the lady from two houses down came flying down our driveway calling me and breathlessly arrived at the front door and said "your dogs are out, I just saw them disappearing down the road!!!!".....I pointed to my two sleeping dogs on the verandah!! I had an SWF and a staffy....the dogs that were out were a Chi and a Rotti!

We got a note one time saying our dogs kept barking. As we both work from home and our dogs live inside with us, we knew they were wrong. We went door knocking to find the person who wrote the note, just to let them know it wasn't our dogs so they wouldn't complain to the council, and it then turned out that all of our neighbours got the same note.

So maybe the person left the note for everyone because they didn't know whose dogs they were?

I wouldn't be too worried. My lil boy got out n was picked up by the council afew days later I got him home n the next day before I had a chance to get all the signs down I had a guy call saying he just saw my dog run into the school n he will go try n catch him for me. I was cuddling my boy at the time and said thanks but I got my boy back with me now. The guy was realy nice n just worried bout someone's "four legged baby" being out at night. I'd say they were just trying to be caring n saw a dog they thought was yours. Strangers can be nice too. I agree with the person who said to contact the council n let them know. Better safe then sorry if u did get a knock at ur door. I guess it's hard to say but it could have just been left out of concern for the dog rather then a warning - so to speak.

It's prob best that they left the note for u rather then calling the rangers n pointing them in ur direction!

On another note isn't the life of a dog just perfect? Only having to get out of bed to go to the toilet (lol I know that's what I'd prefer most days!!!!!) hahahahahaha

Problem solved... a neighbour has a Jap Spitz also and has been escaping the yard. The neighbour thought it was Emmy. The other dog was wearing a green collar and that dog is shaved while Emmy is fluffy and everything Emmy's is pink.