August Challenge

tlc

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok shot in AV mode, the time in my camera is wrong, but it was like 5pm when I shot this, so I put the camera to f3.5 to get as much light as I could in case she moved quickly (which she does :laugh: ) Straight from camera and shot in RAW.

The stats are Av Mode, f3.5,s speed 1/60, 50mm and ISO 200.

7757975512_53111b0cfd.jpg

Ok shot in AV mode, the time in my camera is wrong, but it was like 5pm when I shot this, so I put the camera to f3.5 to get as much light as I could in case she moved quickly (which she does :laugh: ) Straight from camera and shot in RAW.

The stats are Av Mode, f3.5,s speed 1/60, 50mm and ISO 200.

7757975512_53111b0cfd.jpg

Gorgeous, New puppy? or is this an older shot?

No no, I remember but she looks so young in this shot, I thought she was a puppy, I remember when you got her we were doing a challenge back then of some sort, cant remember what and you were posting pics of here in there. She is adorable!

Zora is beautiful!

No no, I remember but she looks so young in this shot, I thought she was a puppy, I remember when you got her we were doing a challenge back then of some sort, cant remember what and you were posting pics of here in there. She is adorable!

Thanks! Tlc Brittany's have must very puppylike faces :) Quite a few people think she is a puppy, I think it is also because she is smaller then they expect a Brittany to be after seeing them in books.

Im a bit lonely in here, Finally feel like I am getting the hang of the focus on the 7D, still a ways to go but feel better about it now that I kind of know what I am doing. :laugh:

The Lovely Mawson

file-6.jpg

Yes I do for sure, there is a few different focal points and each one is suited to different situations so as long as I have the right one for the right situation its all good. :laugh: and its easy to toggle the little square around to the spot where I want the focus to be now that I know what I am doing, and you have to be so quick with animals they move so quick as you would know!

Photographed a gorgeous little family on the weekend, found some lovely light :love:

Used the 105mm for this (which can be very hit and miss! Grrr! But when it hits, oh it's delicious).

This poor little chicken had been sick and was still covered in light spots, so I fixed her skin up too.

7820973570_2959303260_z.jpg

Nice lighting and IQ with that lens, what does it do when it misses? I picked up a fairly rare lens from cash converters, pentax 35-105, fast AF and nice and sharp. It was $45 for lens and film body, I have some old nice film so body can be used. Cash converters don't know some of the older sought after lenses so worth having a browse through. I wish there was another pentaxian here!

So it's AF? For portrait type stuff where the subject isn't moving too much I really like my manual lenses, have you canon or nikon, I think nikon can use legacy lenses. Some of the old nikon manual primes might be good to try if so and you can get hold of them. I don't understand why the issue of loss of sharpness wide open isn't resolved because we need the lens to open up wide at times, but if the images are going to be soft you essentially have a slower lens anyway.

I really wish I could upload here, it's so frustrating not being able to post from home for opinions!

Yep, AF. There is no way I would use manual focus with kids :laugh:

I'm Nikon. It's a known issue with the 105mm, but I bought it regardless. I just make sure I take more than usual when I'm using it - spray and pray :laugh: