Aqis Considering Reducing Quarantine To 10 Days.

*Lolapalooza*

Might stop some island hoppers bringing dogs in via PNG. Doubt it though laugh.gif.

I don't get why dogs can't simply be cleared of disease in there respective country, and just be done with all of it. Logic sucks sometimes.

Seems like $ grubbing and only $ grubbing to me, the world over. glad it's getting cheaper for folks though.

J.

PNG dogs do 60 days so I don't think thats enticing.

Testing can't be relied on by overseas all the time.

You would be surprised how many dogs arrive with incorrect blood tests that require further testing, incorrect tick preventions at incorrect intervals, wrong test results, microchip problems, arrive full of ticks and require further testing. There is even a number of dogs that are directed for re-export to re do testing before coming back. So there are VERY VALID reasons for animals doing Quarantine.

The majority of pet owners probably wouldn't give 2 hoots about it as they feel it wouldn't affect them.

It isn't $ grabbing by any stretch!!!! It is a cost recovery system, a not for profit organisation, so costs are really determined by costs involved.

It won't really help pups either as they still will need to be a certain age before coming or they will have to make up 180 days from RNATT anyway. So currently instead of coming at 150 days to do the last 30 in quarantine, they prob won't be eligible to arrive before 180 days from RNATT to be eligible for the min quarantine period

did same topic 2 weeks ago hope people do comment etc :(

Oops I only heard about it today Im slow!

In NZ they cut to 10 days and the saving was only less than $500, I think 1800 down to 1300 but can't remember.

I will be so happy not to have dogs there for 30 days

PNG dogs do 60 days so I don't think thats enticing.

Testing can't be relied on by overseas all the time.

You would be surprised how many dogs arrive with incorrect blood tests that require further testing, incorrect tick preventions at incorrect intervals, wrong test results, microchip problems, arrive full of ticks and require further testing. There is even a number of dogs that are directed for re-export to re do testing before coming back. So there are VERY VALID reasons for animals doing Quarantine.

The majority of pet owners probably wouldn't give 2 hoots about it as they feel it wouldn't affect them.

It isn't $ grabbing by any stretch!!!! It is a cost recovery system, a not for profit organisation, so costs are really determined by costs involved.

It won't really help pups either as they still will need to be a certain age before coming or they will have to make up 180 days from RNATT anyway. So currently instead of coming at 150 days to do the last 30 in quarantine, they prob won't be eligible to arrive before 180 days from RNATT to be eligible for the min quarantine period

+1