New Little Rescue Italian Greyhound X

Big improvements from Honey today, she is now not so glued to the couch, she tore out with the other dogs to my kitchen when it was time to feed them, tail wagging, a neigbour came over while I was outside with her and she ran over all be it cringing a bit for a pat, so all in all I am very happy with her progress she is improving at a great rate :thumbsup:

Hi approx 2 looking at her teeth, she was vaccinated etc at the pound, but I am taking her for a drive to the vets Monday as I have a little one getting a dental and will get my rescue vet to give her an estimate, I want to get her used to. the vets surgery etc without anything bad happening before she goes back for desexing, she was literally screaming and growling the first night I had her here and I went near her, do not want her reverting back :-), will do Dogmad, I didn't contact you re her as she was in such a state she couldn't of travelled. Have never seen a purebred in the pounds up here thankfully.

Edited by varicool

Hi approx 2 looking at her teeth, she was vaccinated etc at the pound, but I am taking her for a drive to the vets Monday as I have a little one getting a dental and will get my rescue vet to give her an estimate, I want to get her used to. the vets surgery etc without anything bad happening before she goes back for desexing, she was literally screaming and growling the first night I had her here and I went near her, do not want her reverting back :-), will do Dogmad, I didn't contact you re her as she was in such a state she couldn't of travelled. Have never seen a purebred in the pounds up here thankfully.

We take crosses two, if we have room and her behaviour that you describe is quite typical of an IG in that situation - it's why the RSPCA euth them and pounds as well. A sweeter dog you couldn't find but when they are scared, they act like that and people who don't know the breed naturally become worried and think they'll be bitten. It's really unfortunate, in an ideal world they'd never end up in that scenario but sadly we are seeing more and more of it.

Thats sad, I will keep an eye out up here. She of course was going to be euthanised for that exact reason. Do you want her sent down to you? She won't be able to until the kennel cough clears up, or are you happy for us to rehome her under your guidance :-)

Edited by varicool

Thats sad, I will keep an eye out up here. She of course was going to be euthanised for that exact reason. Do you want her sent down to you? She won't be able to until the kennel cough clears up, or are you happy for us to rehome her under your guidance :-)

We are very happy to help you rehome her rather than shift her again, they are very sensitive dogs and she sounds like she's settling in with you well. I'm happy to put her on our website but would like to chat to you when she's a bit better. We have rehomed a no. of Iggies to QLD and have a couple of homes waiting at the moment there.

Ok once she is over the kennel cough, thankfully a mild dose I will give you a call if thats ok :-) Then she can be desexed and the hunt for the perfect home begins :-) I wasn't going to put her on pet rescue as I know I will get the usual influx of unsuitable homes, was just going to list her exclusively on your site :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Honey is over her kennel cough and is being desexed tomorrow, I took a short video today to show how far she has come in a short time, she is still very wary of anyone but me, but she is improving, Carly my housemate got a lick today, she loves tearing around our large back yard as well.

Guest lavendergirl

Oh she is gorgeous! Think she needs a squeeze of those anal glands while she's at the vet!

Thats what I thought too :laugh:

She is gorgeous and looks so happy - such a cute little chi (?) waddling along behind as well! You are doing a good job with her.

Oh she is gorgeous! Think she needs a squeeze of those anal glands while she's at the vet!

Thats what I thought too :laugh:

She is gorgeous and looks so happy - such a cute little chi (?) waddling along behind as well! You are doing a good job with her.

That is Junebug, she is now totally blind, but manages just fine :-)