Appeal For Coats & Blankets For A Pound In Nsw

Hi everyone - i thought i'd post here because this has recently been done in the rescue forum for other pounds so we're probably all out of reserves.

There is a pound in NSW nr Wagga that currently has large, medium and small dogs with temps down to -4 at night. The dogs are frozen. There are no coats and they don't have bedding although they are off the concrete floor, there is little protection from the elements.

If anyone is interested in contributing any old coats or blankets they no longer want or need, I will add an address once I have spoken to the pound tomorrow and find out where to send it.

All help will be appreciated by the dogs. There is a thread in the Urgent Rescue section with pics of the current dogs there in case anyone is interested in looking - there are 5 very nice natured small dogs there at the moment - 2 young Foxy & JRT cross males and 3 older Malt types in urgent need of tlc from a home of an elderly person who passed away.

Count me in Dogmad! Those bubs need coats and blankets asap! I'll also be ringing the local vet tomorrow to see if we can get some Capstar tablets for the little oldies with the flea infestations and allergies too. xx

Oh yes, and the Winter Appeal girls are awesome!!

Edited by yellowgirl

Hi Dogmad, this is great. I have a bag of "dog stuff" - including some really good coats for a large, medium and small dog. I also have some brushes (never used), collars, leads, bowls etc that I have collected or have been given over the years. I have now gone from having 3 dogs to 1 dog in just over 4 months this year and I would like to donate these things to a rescue/pound. Once the address is given, I will parcel all the items up.

Ill try to get another lot in then, they come in a bulk pack so I cant really choose what sizes I get, But I'm sure the 80cm length ones could be cut a bit shorter if needed...or even used as a blanket its about keeping warm not a fashion statement ~_^

The address is

Attn: Janelle Chapman

Cootamundra Shire Council

PO Box 420

Cootamundra NSW 2590

Thanks to everyone for helping, it means a lot to all involved, and the dogs will truly appreciate it!

Thank for the address MUP. Will express post some coats and jumpers today so the bubs will have them by Monday. xx