Hawkesbury Pound - Some Lovely Dogs

I was at HP yesterday and I just wanted to highlight two particularly lovely dogs - there's a 10 yr old black/white kelpie cross boy, he's full of life but not overwhelming, a very nice nature. He just needs desexing and a bath - his teeth were in amazing condition and that was another reasno why we thought he may not be 10. It wasn't possible to test him with other dogs but he was lovely with people.

There is also a 2 yr old kelpie cross male - i'd say kelpie/labrador cross - he's very well trained in all the standard commands, not a barker, just wagging his tail and happily saying hello. He's had all his work done I believe.

Lots of other dogs in there of course but these two were real standouts. I hope that the kelpie x boy may have adoption but wanted to highlight him anyway.

I believe the 2 yr old Kelpie x boy was surrendered and his pic isn't on the pound site and my camera battery was flat doh!

post-4751-0-22623300-1345334570_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogmad

Were you at the open day? If so I was there too! I had the big black and tan Kelpie at the agility stall and did a little bit of an impromptu demo :laugh: I didn't walk through to see the dogs in the shelter - didn't realise there were Kelpies in!

I was at HP yesterday and I just wanted to highlight two particularly lovely dogs - there's a 10 yr old black/white kelpie cross boy, he's full of life but not overwhelming, a very nice nature. He just needs desexing and a bath - his teeth were in amazing condition and that was another reasno why we thought he may not be 10. It wasn't possible to test him with other dogs but he was lovely with people.

There is also a 2 yr old kelpie cross male - i'd say kelpie/labrador cross - he's very well trained in all the standard commands, not a barker, just wagging his tail and happily saying hello. He's had all his work done I believe.

Lots of other dogs in there of course but these two were real standouts. I hope that the kelpie x boy may have adoption but wanted to highlight him anyway.

I believe the 2 yr old Kelpie x boy was surrendered and his pic isn't on the pound site and my camera battery was flat doh!

Thanks for highlighting these two boys..

Both are great dogs.. The 10 year old just lays on his bed and is a well behaved boy, I do hope that he doesn't get over looked..

Rocky, (surrenedered Kelpie cross) is a great dog, he knows sit, shakes hands and stay.. He is also desexed.. Don't know why his photo is not on the site, he is a chocolate/brown colour and sometines it looks like he has a blue tinge colour through his coat.

dogmad - there is a little dog in HP listed as a Chi X that looks to me like it may have some Iggy in it - THSC21?? - it's the one that keeps getting its jumper/coat off right near where the public enters the kennel area. Sort of a salt and pepper greyish colouring. Sweet little thing... I saw it while I was there today - came up to the front of the kennel and licked my fingers and seemed to just want some cuddles. Pretty happy despite being in a pound and refusing to wear its jumpers. They do have lots of bedding in a bucket bed, so it won't freeze...

T.

At least I managed to get our name on the pregnant Staffy X girl - that funnily wasn't on the HP email lists after she came in on Thursday... errr! Another group had her up on their website as available for adoption as she'd already had her pups - she's about 5 weeks gone... aarrgghh! Needless the staff had it right on her kennel "Rescue Only" thank dog! I emailed yesterday arvo, but went in to HP today to make absolutely sure she had our name on her.

Anyways, she and I had a big cuddle session today, and I think I'm going to name her "Blossom", as she reminds me of a sweet Rotti girl I had in the past.

T.

dogmad - there is a little dog in HP listed as a Chi X that looks to me like it may have some Iggy in it - THSC21?? - it's the one that keeps getting its jumper/coat off right near where the public enters the kennel area. Sort of a salt and pepper greyish colouring. Sweet little thing... I saw it while I was there today - came up to the front of the kennel and licked my fingers and seemed to just want some cuddles. Pretty happy despite being in a pound and refusing to wear its jumpers. They do have lots of bedding in a bucket bed, so it won't freeze...

T.

She was the whole reason i went to HP yesterday! HP were waiting for me to call them last week as they knew she was my type of dog but someone had just beaten me to it!! I was sure she had Iggy in there although she's chipped as a Chi x but when I saw her there was no question, she's very Iggy in the body with a Chi type face. I've been so worried about her, jumpers are often no good on Iggies and I will send them a different type of coat for her - she's likely to be stuck there for 2 weeks because her first lot of owners rehomed her years ago and didn't change paperwork over.

Were you at the open day? If so I was there too! I had the big black and tan Kelpie at the agility stall and did a little bit of an impromptu demo :laugh: I didn't walk through to see the dogs in the shelter - didn't realise there were Kelpies in!

And I'm sorry Kavik - by the time I dragged myself out of the pound and onto the stalls, everything was closing down and I passed your stall but you'd all gone!