Queen's Corgis Attack Terrier

Chris the Rebel Wolf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1345999409[/url]' post='5940854']

No surprise. Pack encounter between two different groups of scrappy dogs. It's beyond me why anyone wants a pack of herding dogs, or a pack of vermin-hunters, in a palace environment. But . . . I don't get royalty.

You could say the same of any breed in any home setting other than those expressly bred to be lapdogs. Plenty of DOLers have herding breeds, plenty of DOLers have vermin hunters. Why ping the royals for what so many DOLers do exactly the same? Or maybe you do.

If people actually read the story, it seems Prince Andrew was in control of the terriers, so there were two dog walkers, not one.

The Corgis would see the palace as their territory, whereas the terriers were visiting, presumably living elsewhere when not on holidays. Both are fairly feisty little breeds so it's not surprising that an incident occured in a confined space.

The Queen is apparently an expert gun dog/retriever handler. A very admiral lady in my estimation.

No surprise. Pack encounter between two different groups of scrappy dogs. It's beyond me why anyone wants a pack of herding dogs, or a pack of vermin-hunters, in a palace environment. But . . . I don't get royalty.

You could say the same of any breed in any home setting other than those expressly bred to be lapdogs. Plenty of DOLers have herding breeds, plenty of DOLers have vermin hunters. Why ping the royals for what so many DOLers do exactly the same? Or maybe you do.

I said I don't get it. No criticism. Picture half a dozen herding dogs walking around through polished marble corridors.

I went to the official Royal website (http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/RoyalAnimals/Familypets.aspx) to try and fill out the picture. Turns out I that the Queen has three Corgis and three 'Dorgis' . . . daschund x corgi crosses, all castle-bred. Oh my :eek:! She's a BYB (with a very large and posh back yard).

Now, I'd completely understand if she'd taken a few of those lovely Sandrigham Labradors as companions :)

1346140899[/url]' post='5942429']
1346055265[/url]' post='5941513']
1345999409[/url]' post='5940854']

I said I don't get it. No criticism. Picture half a dozen herding dogs walking around through polished marble corridors.

I went to the official Royal website (http://www.royal.gov...Familypets.aspx) to try and fill out the picture. Turns out I that the Queen has three Corgis and three 'Dorgis' . . . daschund x corgi crosses, all castle-bred. Oh my :eek:! She's a BYB (with a very large and posh back yard).

Now, I'd completely understand if she'd taken a few of those lovely Sandrigham Labradors as companions :)

I still don't understand your objection.

I went to the official Royal website (http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/RoyalAnimals/Familypets.aspx) to try and fill out the picture. Turns out I that the Queen has three Corgis and three 'Dorgis' . . . daschund x corgi crosses, all castle-bred. Oh my :eek:! She's a BYB (with a very large and posh back yard).

'BYB' I gather means backyard breeder. My understanding is that BYB is done for profit, usually by bogans after a quick buck. The Dachsund/Corgi cross came from an accidental mating several decades ago between one of the Queen's Corgis and Princess Margaret's Dachsund, with the resulting pup being a much loved dog and was long before the poodle or other small fluffy breed cross became popular. As the Royal Family don't sell the cross bred pups in the local rag's classifieds for a quick buck, and keep them (and only from a few matings) how can they be described as BYBs?

I don't understand the vitriolic and populist hatred of the Royal family. Who would want a job that involves working until you die, with no retirement, having to meet and host all sorts of people, even in your own home, and even if you despise them, and still remain polite etc. etc.. Then there is an almost total lack of privacy, with the world's press watching your every move. You can also add that much of what the Queen 'owns' is not in fact owned by her but held in trust. She can't flog off Windsor Castle and retire to Marbella.

'BYB' I gather means backyard breeder. My understanding is that BYB is done for profit, usually by bogans after a quick buck. The Dachsund/Corgi cross came from an accidental mating several decades ago between one of the Queen's Corgis and Princess Margaret's Dachsund, with the resulting pup being a much loved dog and was long before the poodle or other small fluffy breed cross became popular. As the Royal Family don't sell the cross bred pups in the local rag's classifieds for a quick buck, and keep them (and only from a few matings) how can they be described as BYBs?

I don't understand the vitriolic and populist hatred of the Royal family. Who would want a job that involves working until you die, with no retirement, having to meet and host all sorts of people, even in your own home, and even if you despise them, and still remain polite etc. etc.. Then there is an almost total lack of privacy, with the world's press watching your every move. You can also add that much of what the Queen 'owns' is not in fact owned by her but held in trust. She can't flog off Windsor Castle and retire to Marbella.

I think her personal wealth is quite substantial so she could reture to Marbella if she wanted to.

name='skelp2' timestamp='1346187244' post='5942763']

Agreed. I don't get why some folk have an intense hatred for the Royals either. It seems to directed only towards the British royals.

I have admiration and respect for the Royals. Who'd want to live under a microscope as they do?

Edited by cavNrott

Why should we admire them though? They have done nothing but be born into that family, and that family is only where it is through violence and oppression.

Why should that demand respect? What do they give back to their community?

They are parasites, leaching money from the tax payers and living a disgustingy lavish lifestyle....for what?

When did they do something that actually benefited anyone but themselves? Sincere question.....

They display an astonishing arrogance and indifference (unless a tv interview offers them the opportunity to gain some brownie points) towards the welfare of the very people their crumbling, defunct empire was (and, in some cases, still is) supposed to be protecting/in charge of.

Northern Ireland - needs no elaboration...

ETA: Not to mention Prince Phillip and his racist vitriol....good god.

Edited by Aussie3

Why should we admire them though? They have done nothing but be born into that family, and that family is only where it is through violence and oppression.

They are parasites, leaching money from the tax payers and living a disgustingy lavish lifestyle....for what?

When did they do something that actually benefited anyone but themselves? Sincere question.....

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel lol :laugh:

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel lol :laugh:

:laugh:

I know, I ranted :laugh: Someone asked the question though

Did someone ask the question why some people have an intense hatred of the Royals? I must have missed that question.

May not have been a question but you said:

"Agreed. I don't get why some folk have an intense hatred for the Royals either. It seems to directed only towards the British royals."

I was explaining why.

Good grief! How did this topic of naughty Corgis turn into slandering of the Royal Family?!

It isn't slander.

Yeah, good.

I think you don't know what slander is. Look it up.

I think you're petty and rather rude.

Edited by Aziah