Help Find Zena's Killer

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

I hope they find the creep :mad

http://www.dogheirs.com/events/519

A motorcyclist in Hampshire, UK, deliberately rode into a dog on leash while the dog was walking with her owner in a popular walking area. As result, a 10-year-old German Shepherd named Zena was killed. The RSPCA is calling the incident an "unbelievable act of cruelty" and is now seeking the public's help in locating the motorcyclist.

Zena and her owner were walking on the heathland in Aldershot, Hampshire in an area known locally as Caesar's Camp, when a man appeared in the distance on a motor cross bike.

The owner, who does not wish to be named, said the rider sped towards them and purposefully crashed into Zena. The resulting impact threw her 25 feet. She had multiple injuries and her heart stopped a few minutes later.

Zena's owner, who lives in Farnham, Surrey, said: "It was a nice day and we were in full view with lots of space around us but the man on the bike seemed to stop, look right at me and then he speeded up to around 60 miles per hour and headed flat out towards us - I honestly thought I was going to die but instead he hit my beautiful dog."

Zena's owner said that the man carried on riding his bike around the area as his dog lay dying. "When I shouted that my dog was dead and then got my camera out to take a picture of the man, he eventually rode off."

Zena's owner said it was no doubt it was a deliberate act, given that the motorcyclist saw them and even tried to intimidate him by driving full speed directly at him.

The man has had Zena since she was 11-months old and is devasted by the incident. He said, "I cannot even imagine what would cause anyone to behave in such a way and I am stunned, I have lost my companion and my friend, she was such a lovely dog."

Zena's owner immediately went to Hampshire and Surrey police and the RSPCA.

The photo he took is now being circulated in the hopes someone will come forward to identify the perpetrator.

The RSPCA said the bike is a KTM EXC/Super Moto, which is a road legal bike fitted with lights and indicators. It is believed the man on the bike is a younger person by his frame and the way he was dressed. The incident occurred around 1:30pm on August 16, 2012.

Anyone with information on the man on the motorbike, or has information about this incident, is urged to contact the Ministry of Defence Police, Hampshire Police or the RSPCA at 0300 123 8018 and leave a message for inspector England, who is investigating. Calls will be held in confidence.

Under the Animal Welfare Act in Britain, anyone found guilty of causing deliberate suffering to an animal can face up to six months in prison and/or a £20,000 fine.

zena.jpg

Edited by donatella

:eek: I saw something about this on FB but hadnt read the whole story

How horrible, out for a nice walk with your dog and whammo some dirtbag kills your dog with his bike, I really really hope someone identifies him and reports him - thats disgusting

RIP Zena :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

:swear::cry:

Hope he brags and someone dobs. That's just indescribably evil. :mad

Just out of curiosity, if someone aimed their bike at you and your dog, wouldn't you try to get out of his path? Did the owner play chicken? Maybe he expected the guy on the bike to swerve at the last second but still...

Poor Zena.

I remember as a kid, I used to ride my horse everywhere. One time, I guess I was about 8, I was riding on the hard shoulder of a 60km road and a car of boys thought it was funny to drive my horse off the road with their cars. If my gelding had been slow in jumping out of the way, we could have both been killed. Horrible thought. Being exposed to that sort of thing at such a young age makes this not surprise me, horrific as it is.

Just out of curiosity, if someone aimed their bike at you and your dog, wouldn't you try to get out of his path? Did the owner play chicken? Maybe he expected the guy on the bike to swerve at the last second but still...

Poor Zena.

The guy was arrested in early September, according to the article update.

Poor Zena.

The guy was arrested in early September, according to the article update.

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't click on the link first time around, just read what was on this page. Just had a read. Sounds like he bragged and someone dobbed. :thumbsup: More animal lovers than a$$holes among his aquaintances. The punishment won't be enough of course, but if he goes to gaol he'll be in trouble once the other prisoners find out why he's there.