Doggy Watching Tele

ChewieTAG

Just thought to share how my 7 months old shih tzu (SNOWY) watches tele sometimes. Especially when I turn the tv loud and has the shooting or fighting movies on!

:rofl:

But the photo attached where he was watching JLO, it was the first time he was watching a chick! None moving.... LOL :laugh: :thumbsup:

Does anyone's doggy / puppy watches tv or whatever movements in the box?? :D

Head shot of Snowy. I've just got him trimmed on the body as I am not showing him. But learning how to do his head soon.

Regards

Snowy's mom

post-45759-0-79855900-1346712818_thumb.jpg

post-45759-0-77943600-1346712911_thumb.jpg

post-45759-0-00344500-1346712918_thumb.jpg

Kuma is an avid TV watcher... so much so it's starting to be an issue! He jumps up on the TV unit and starts sniffing things on the TV!

6808485852_4c99ffd2ff.jpg

09/52 by KumaAkita, on Flickr

He doesn't like the asian chick from the eHarmony ad, but loves watching the footy. No joke, his team is the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs :laugh:

How cute is Snowy!!

Kuma is an avid TV watcher... so much so it's starting to be an issue! He jumps up on the TV unit and starts sniffing things on the TV!

He doesn't like the asian chick from the eHarmony ad, but loves watching the footy. No joke, his team is the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs :laugh:

How cute is Snowy!!

OMG your Kuma is so gorgeous and big. How cute he is watching tv! :thumbsup:

I was just reading a book last night that talks about why some dogs watch TV and others don't. Apparently with older/normal TVs the image on the screen flickers so fast humans can't see the flicker but dogs can, so they don't usually see the people and animals moving on the screen. The new plasma type TVs though flicker faster than a dog can detect, so dogs are more likely to take in interest in what's on the screen and this is why there are more frequent reports these days of dogs watching TV.

ahh Interesting. I have few friends who claimed their dogs do watches tv sometimes.. Maybe that is why! Everyone seems to have LCD / LED nowadays! :laugh: :thumbsup:

I was watching Dogs 101 on tv last night and had both of my dogs sitting in front of the tv watching it lol.

Snowy is very cute! :)

Thanks kiwigirl! How cute your dogs! How long did they last watching the tv?

Thanks :) they were there for about 10 minutes when they decided rough rousing each other was more fun :laugh: the Husky has passed away now , I now have a Cavalier King Charles :D I haven't updated my signature yet :)

Thanks :) they were there for about 10 minutes when they decided rough rousing each other was more fun :laugh: the Husky has passed away now , I now have a Cavalier King Charles :D I haven't updated my signature yet :)

:( Sorry to hear about your loss... Do post some photos of your Cav.. :) and your doggies in your signature are so cute especially the last one where they show their teeth to each other! :laugh:

We have 2 avid tele watchers here. Stella only likes certain channels & shows. Animal Plannet being her favourite. Sonny on the other hand is a huge fan of T.V.

Pretty much anything that moves on any channel. Cartoons, especially the oldies, Bugs Bunny & alike. Horse racing, most ad's , e.t.c e.t.c

Any fishing show he is up at the screen snapping at the poor, flapping fish on the end of the line.

He can actually be in another room & hear the music off his fave ad. & bolt into the lounge room straight up to within 2cm of the tele :laugh:

Oh & he loves the CI channel NOT. If a show comes on like Aussies Most Wanted & they show the "baddies” profiles, he charges up to the T.V.

growling, barking & carrying on a treat. Go figure :shrug: :laugh: We have a very funny lounge room :crazy:

Edited by BC Crazy

Thanks chewak. I think they are both so very cute too !! Am just a tad bias though :p

Oh Sonny is hilarious with the his favourite ad's. He just bolts into the lounge room fast as he can as soon as he hears the music/or familiar sounds

& sits there watching it, about 2 inches off the screen :laugh: His fav at the moment is the new Masters Hardware store ad. Don't know if you have seen it or not.

It has a magnificent chocolate Border Collie, "Flynn", owned by Kelly Gill, Kerodan BC's. Anyway Sonny has meet him, whether he recognises him, I don't know but

we run like mad to get front row seats for that one. :laugh: I would love to know what is going through their mind too. Certainly keeps us very entertained.

Just had to edit: Sorry for your loss Kiwigirl :(

You Shitzu is just gorgeous chewak. My mum has an aged boy, "Toto" whom she just adores. I haven't had anything to do with little fluffies in the past. He is just

the best companion type dog, aren't they? It's funny cause they sleep a lot in the day & I'm not used to that having always had BC's that are quite active usually.

Edited by BC Crazy

I was just reading a book last night that talks about why some dogs watch TV and others don't. Apparently with older/normal TVs the image on the screen flickers so fast humans can't see the flicker but dogs can, so they don't usually see the people and animals moving on the screen. The new plasma type TVs though flicker faster than a dog can detect, so dogs are more likely to take in interest in what's on the screen and this is why there are more frequent reports these days of dogs watching TV.

Thats very interesting Snook. Whatever it is it certainly has my boy in :)

You Shitzu is just gorgeous chewak. My mum has an aged boy, "Toto" whom she just adores. I haven't had anything to do with little fluffies in the past. He is just

the best companion type dog, aren't they? It's funny cause they sleep a lot in the day & I'm not used to that having always had BC's that are quite active usually.

BC is an absolutely gorgeous dog. They are smart too. I love to stare at them whenever I saw few owners walking BC around my area. The owners must think I am a crazy stalker!

Yes, Shihtzu is consider as a lapdog? May be that is why they tend to sleep more than other breeds. I find most lapdogs are non- active dogs. Shih Tzu is categorise as a nonsporting breed! rofl1.gif not even a toy dog! laugh.gif

The only thing about Shih Tzu's breed is that they do need a lot of grooming! I had another Shih Tzu previously and Teddy has lesser coat. He has not much undercoat at all. Snowy's undercoat is scarily a lot! Right now I am trying to find a way to thin it down.

Thanks for the comments @BC Crazy

*attached photos - Teddy with the collar bell, Snowy with the top knots*

post-45759-0-06870200-1347052066_thumb.jpg

post-45759-0-36957300-1347052072_thumb.jpg

I love Shihtzu's eye's, think they are so big & beautiful. Snowy looks so handsome with his top knot all done up. Mum keeps Toto looking like your teddy,

clipped most of the time but I do prefer his coat left unclipped bit it is to hard for her to manage.

Edited by BC Crazy

How cute is Snowy!!

OMG your Kuma is so gorgeous and big. How cute he is watching tv! :thumbsup:

OMG is right ! Kuma is awesome, I love Akita's :)

I love Shihtzu's eye's, think they are so big & beautiful. Snowy looks so handsome with his top knot all done up. Mum keeps Toto looking like your teddy,

clipped most of the time but I do prefer his coat left unclipped bit it is to hard for her to manage.

I am planning to clip Snowy soon. I don't think I and Snowy can deal with his long coat & warm weather. I want to learn to do it.

Will be getting own thinning scissors and experiment on him soon. rofl1.gif he will look like a monkey with unkempt hair soon frown.gif

Snook, was there a reason some dogs can see it and some can't, even on the newer TVs? We have a plasma, one of my dogs is an avid TV watcher but the other appears to simply not be able to see anything on it (or maybe he just doesn't know what it is). If a cat comes on TV, Ava watches it on the screen whereas Satchmo just stares intently at the speakers.