New Foster Girl - Noni

As Katdogs kindly pointed out in another thread, I have a new foster pup... and we have decided that her name is Noni (which is short for NoName... *grin*)

Noni seems to like the name, and she answers to it if I call her "Nonni"... hehe!

Best we can work out she may be a Kelpie/Whippet kind of mix - although some silly billy chipped her as a Staffy cross. I'm not seeing any Staffy in her at all apart from having a glorious brindle colouring.

She is 14 weeks old, and a complete delight to foster. No noises or vomiting in her crate in the car, no noises or messes in her night crate at bed time, doesn't seem interested in chewing up things, doesn't bark unless the other dogs are barking at the TV (quite funny to watch her tell Pickles off for that last night), walks pretty well on lead, and is quickly picking up having to sit for treats, which she takes very gently. No food possession either - I can stick my hands in her bowl while she eats, and pat her while eating too. Oh - and she is an expert couch cuddler!

She is not fussed on having her nails cut, but I'm sure she'll figure out that isn't so bad fairly soon.

I took her to PetFest at Merrylands today (she is vacc'ed), and she did really well. She took it all in her stride, meeting all sorts of people and dogs - and she was especially enamoured of all the children she met. I think she will make someone's child a faithful companion, she is just so good with them.

She has the cutest ears and the sweetest soft and kindly eyes I've seen on a dog in a long time.

Anyways - I know you are all now wanting photos, so here they are...

16-09-2012-Noni003.jpg

16-09-2012-Noni032.jpg

16-09-2012-Noni005.jpg

16-09-2012-Noni009.jpg

16-09-2012-Noni027.jpg

Ain't she purty??

T.

I can't stress enough how sweet and gentle this little girl is... seriously, she is pretty close to the perfect pup!

The proof of the pudding will be to test her with my friend's cat - if she has any ideas of chasing, Tilly Devine will soon put paid to that... lol! Tilly Devine doesn't put up with any of that sort of nonsense...

T.

We got to meet the lovely Noni today at PetFest and she is gorgeous :love:and very sweet.

She was a good girl meeting my sibe girl, Takoda too. They took to eachother really well and just wanted to play! :laugh:

ETA a couple pics of Noni and Takoda playing.

7990761577_19e9f0c4f8.jpg

7990766934_781d1bf261.jpg

Edited by k9angel

Noni also had a playdate at my friend's place yesterday afternoon. She met Tilly Devine the cat. Noni was interested in Tilly, but all she wnated was for Tilly to play with her - no chasing, but plenty of asking to play, although when Tilly indicated in no uncertain terms that she wasn't interested in playing with a silly puppy, Noni didn't push the issue... I think Noni will be just fine with a dog savvy cat tht will stand it's ground, but one that runs may get chased... *grin* There was no intent to harm from Noni - she just really wanted Tilly to play... and was doing her very best puppy bows and tail wags to ask for it...

T.