Keeper - Male Pharaoh Hound.

Keeper is a 5yr old male Pharaoh Hound. I own two Pharaoh Hounds myself and he is getting along very well with both of them. This also gives me the ability to answer most questions pertaining to the breed.

Through no fault of his own, he has had a couple of different homes and therefore his next home must be his last - He is a Keeper!!

He is a strikingly handsome boy who is quiet and has a shy nature but once he begins to know you, his tail never stops wagging!

He is scared of thunderstorms but settles nicely if brought inside. He likes the company of his family and so would benefit from someone who is home a lot of the time. Keeper has been introduced to my indoor cats without issue but as a hound with a strong prey drive, supervision is always recommended.

Breed experience preferred but not essential. What is important is the ability and commitment to research the breed and determine if Keeper is right for you.

A yard check will also be needed prior to his adoption as he requires safe and secure 5 - 6ft fencing.

Keeper is located in Wollongong NSW.

383980_3985382786936_837424018_n.jpg

39283_3993008577576_553030057_n.jpg

538771_3993009377596_1799373902_n.jpg

In care with DCH Animal Adoptions.

what a stunning dog , friend of mine got one and I fell in love instantly , I saw vids of it zooming round and thought , wow I'd love to do agility with that dog :laugh: everything is rated as it's agility potential with me :o :laugh:

hope he find forever home soon

Keeper's breed name, Pharaoh Hound, was created by the British Kennel Club for the native hound they took from Malta. Original name was Kelb tal-Fenek (Rabbit Hound). It's the national dog of Malta and appears on their stamps.

http://www.kelb-tal-fenek.de/

Consider publicizing Keeper in Maltese-Australian circles. Like they have a national newspaper. There's also social clubs which might have bulletin boards.