Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

Good luck Smisch - if you get a chance can you upload a photo of the compost pens please thumbsup1.gif

that's 2 of them joined up. you Get 4 panels a pack and some spring join things but we used aviary clips, zipties would work just as well. given our bitch is a liftable breed I've got no door so you may have to fiddle.. currently both bitch and dog sleep in there until further notice.. there's a larger crate replacing those 2 coming.. hope the photo worked if not will upload tonight for you whrn I'm on the pc

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well todays the day we have our ultrasound for confirmation!! I have been keeping myself busy and not paying too much attention to her pregnancy as the suspense is a killer, so it feels these last 4 weeks have gone really really quick. Im pretty sure she is pregnant so hoping the ultrasound confirms that. There is only one ultrasound machine in my area (despite having a few vet clinics around) and the vets that charge ridiculous prices have it, so Im going to the next town, where it is less than half the price of the other place. So I'll update after 4pm :)

Well todays the day we have our ultrasound for confirmation!! I have been keeping myself busy and not paying too much attention to her pregnancy as the suspense is a killer, so it feels these last 4 weeks have gone really really quick. Im pretty sure she is pregnant so hoping the ultrasound confirms that. There is only one ultrasound machine in my area (despite having a few vet clinics around) and the vets that charge ridiculous prices have it, so Im going to the next town, where it is less than half the price of the other place. So I'll update after 4pm :)

good luck, my girl is about 6.5weeks and is know to heavy for me to pick up :eek:

How many weekd gestation do you guys start leaving mum in the whelping box for. Do you just leave her there overnight my girl has always slept inside overnight but out in the yard in the day i th ink shes going to be confused being in all day. Her due date isnt until 17 december but have been told by my breeder that hers usually come 3 to 4 days early.

Well I took my girl to the vet over in the next town and they wasted my time and money. They were bloody useless, didnt know what they doing, and basically admitted that and also told me it might be too early to tell and come back in a couple of weeks,lol. I was fuming! So today I headed down to the sunny coast to a vet who does know what they are doing and I am thrilled to announce my girl is pregnant!! I knew she was, Ive been confident since week one after her initial behaviour change and then all the other litle signs that appeared and even at just four weeks along she actually looks pregnant, with a little tummy, so I was beginning to think we might end up with a few since she is showing so early. The estimation on numbers given to me is 8-12!! I hope there is no more than that.8-10 would be better,lol.

Well I took my girl to the vet over in the next town and they wasted my time and money. They were bloody useless, didnt know what they doing, and basically admitted that and also told me it might be too early to tell and come back in a couple of weeks,lol. I was fuming! So today I headed down to the sunny coast to a vet who does know what they are doing and I am thrilled to announce my girl is pregnant!! I knew she was, Ive been confident since week one after her initial behaviour change and then all the other litle signs that appeared and even at just four weeks along she actually looks pregnant, with a little tummy, so I was beginning to think we might end up with a few since she is showing so early. The estimation on numbers given to me is 8-12!! I hope there is no more than that.8-10 would be better,lol.

oh wow thats awesome!

my girls nipples changed colour on the first week, but was never confident since they can get falsies.

Well I picked my girl up again from my breeders house where she was being looked after while I was away. She definitely looks preggo now but is still keeping numbers to herself. She is 7 weeks today so might try and take some pics soon. Looking back at photos from Kinta's first litter, I would say they are quite similar, so I would expect a littler of somewhere between 4-7 for Zara. Kinta had 6 in her first, but didn't really drop until the final week. I look at her photos at 5-7 weeks and you really can't see much at all! Hahaha! All I'm hoping for is an easy and stress free whelping around my annual leave please :laugh:

I pick up my new whelping box this weekend. Dad is getting it on Saturday and then delivering it to mine on Monday. So will have to have the room all set up and ready before then. Might have to do that tonight! My leave starts from the 12th so hope Zara doesn't decide to have them before then :eek:

Well I picked my girl up again from my breeders house where she was being looked after while I was away. She definitely looks preggo now but is still keeping numbers to herself. She is 7 weeks today so might try and take some pics soon. Looking back at photos from Kinta's first litter, I would say they are quite similar, so I would expect a littler of somewhere between 4-7 for Zara. Kinta had 6 in her first, but didn't really drop until the final week. I look at her photos at 5-7 weeks and you really can't see much at all! Hahaha! All I'm hoping for is an easy and stress free whelping around my annual leave please :laugh:

I pick up my new whelping box this weekend. Dad is getting it on Saturday and then delivering it to mine on Monday. So will have to have the room all set up and ready before then. Might have to do that tonight! My leave starts from the 12th so hope Zara doesn't decide to have them before then :eek:

All going along nicely :) I always hope that mine are ready to be mated on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (via progesterone reading) because then I find in general they whelp over a weekend :laugh: and that becomes an extra, extra long weekend then for me + my leave!

Here's to a trouble-free whelping and on time!

Edited by Aziah

cool hope it all goes well, looking forward in seeing photos:))