Urgent Help Needed With Agressive Young Dog

ash1

Sometimes dogs fight. Its not uncommon or abnormal. Pack order probably in this case. Its a fair size pack to manage. The owner does not seem to have the confidence or ability to deal with what have only been a couple of issues that were certainly not directed at humans or all the dogs. PTS is very drastic action for this at this point.

This dog may be fine away from the other dog. I had 2 tiny girls that decided to hate each other after living together for years with no trouble. Maybe the dogs need to be split into 2 packs with Spud in one & Murphy in the other. If all 8 dogs decide to join in the fray it will be bedlam & out of control.

Maybe 8 dogs is just too much for your family to own.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my Neos were alive, they hated my Cattle Dog with a burning passion. So I maintained two groups of dogs and did it for several years. I had two dogs who got on with everyone, but I always ran two lots of dogs. It wasn't entirely easy and it took a bit of thinking, but everyone got to have me time, free time and house-time. I'd be uneasy about running a pack that size anyway, even if its only two dogs who have an issue, once a fight starts if any of the others take sides things could go very wrong quite quickly.

You're doing the responsible thing, so I hope you can resolve the issues and keep everybody safe.

I had 2 males who had to kept separated for 14 years, totally doable, neither one missed out on anything BUT all members of the household had to be on the same page, for us it was no drama. We also had the facilities to do this and our house is set up to allow this. I don't see any situation with multiple dogs in these numbers being successful 100% of the time if there is no contingency plan or facilities. The emotion needs to be taken out of it and the animals managed as animals, if it is too hard then rehome. But really it isn't hard if you want to do it.

I am by no means a expert never claimed to be. Why are you trying to spark up a argument here considering the topic of the post its not needed and silly.

It is obvious that you Have a dislike for bull breeds which is fine and your right i simply disagree

It is obvious from..? The bit where I said I thought all bull breeds should be made restricted or.. the bit where I said bull breeds were evil dogs or was it some other imaginary bit that you're drawing your assumption from? Most idiotic thing I have ever read and I'd be happy to take the warning from Troy for pointing that out.

Anyway.. I'm not going to re-point out your backpedaling (I've already pointed it out for you) so I'm afraid that if you're really that incapable of comprehending why your posts are contradictory, I can't help you.

You are a very aggresive person arnt you. I havnt backpedaled once in my posts been consistant right through. On another point i never said it is acceptable why else would i suggest rehoming the dog, simply that it is NORMAL dog behaviour. The reason i felt the need to defend the breed a little was due to a foul post by another member "met plenty of "bull arab" and other pigging types I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit a rat." it was a silly comment that was not helpful or constructive.

I am by no means a expert never claimed to be. Why are you trying to spark up a argument here considering the topic of the post its not needed and silly.

It is obvious that you Have a dislike for bull breeds which is fine and your right i simply disagree

It is obvious from..? The bit where I said I thought all bull breeds should be made restricted or.. the bit where I said bull breeds were evil dogs or was it some other imaginary bit that you're drawing your assumption from? Most idiotic thing I have ever read and I'd be happy to take the warning from Troy for pointing that out.

Anyway.. I'm not going to re-point out your backpedaling (I've already pointed it out for you) so I'm afraid that if you're really that incapable of comprehending why your posts are contradictory, I can't help you.

You are a very aggresive person arnt you. I havnt backpedaled once in my posts been consistant right through. On another point i never said it is acceptable why else would i suggest rehoming the dog, simply that it is NORMAL dog behaviour. The reason i felt the need to defend the breed a little was due to a foul post by another member "met plenty of "bull arab" and other pigging types I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit a rat." it was a silly comment that was not helpful or constructive.

You can hardly say your posts have been "helpful or constructive" staffydave.

You can hardly say your posts have been "helpful or constructive" staffydave.

Im trying to understand what i have done all i said was maybe the dog should be rehomed and i would never consider putting a dog to sleep in a situation like this. just my opinion ,never called anyone a name really didnt think my first post would cause people to come after me like a few of you have. Oh well internet seems to make some people act a little wierd.

Nobody can say whether the dog should be rehomed or pts because no one has seen the dog or its behaviour. Let's leave it to the professional to make the assessment. Yes some pigging breeds can be DA but so can working breeds, herding breeds, hounds, toys, you name it. This dog could be aggressive and need to be pts or it could be easily fixed, the point is WE DON'T KNOW and arguing and finger pointing isn't going to solve the problem. Staffydave I would highly advise as a new member that you don't start fights or cause issues. It's not a good look.

Edited by mixeduppup

Ha ha how did i start a fight or finger point really this is just silly on the first page a poster said they would put the dog to sleep i disagree wat is wrong with that isnt that the point of a forum. we should be able to disagree without being attacked. i think you should go back and read my posts from the start seriously people

I hope this dog gets a fair chance.

Far too much human emotion is put on normal dog behavior.

8 dogs is a big pack to run with 2 young males comming into their own.

Having fostered several bull arabs i really like them, but like many bull breeds they need a strong leader.

Nobody can say whether the dog should be rehomed or pts because no one has seen the dog or its behaviour. Let's leave it to the professional to make the assessment. Yes some pigging breeds can be DA but so can working breeds, herding breeds, hounds, toys, you name it. This dog could be aggressive and need to be pts or it could be easily fixed, the point is WE DON'T KNOW and arguing and finger pointing isn't going to solve the problem. Staffydave I would highly advise as a new member that you don't start fights or cause issues. It's not a good look.

I agree with this, nobody knows the O.P in person nor have the seen the dog so assumption making and blame passing etc is not necessary and I agree fighting with long term members after only being a member for less then 2 months and only having accumulated 12 posts.....* sigh*... I am not even going to go there. I just hope that the O.P can get everything worked out.

This thread has become really nasty and that was not my intention, I was simply looking for advice.

I have owned dogs all my life and we have always had a pack of at least four, so please don't assume (as a few have) I am inexperienced. We have also had bull breeds in the past and young males growing up together. This is a situation I have not encountered before.

I'm not coming back into this thread because reading all the infighting is upsetting in what is already an upsetting situation. I simply want to let you all know that Jane has responded, unfortunately she is overseas at present, but will be coming in the first week of November to assess. Until then we will keep the two dogs separated.

ETA thank you so much to all who offered helpful and constructive advice.

Edited by ash1

This thread has become really nasty and that was not my intention, I was simply looking for advice.

I have owned dogs all my life and we have always had a pack of at least four, so please don't assume (as a few have) I am inexperienced. We have also had bull breeds in the past and young males growing up together. This is a situation I have not encountered before.

I'm not coming back into this thread because reading all the infighting is upsetting in what is already an upsetting situation. I simply want to let you all know that Jane has responded, unfortunately she is overseas at present, but will be coming in the first week of November to assess. Until then we will keep the two dogs separated.

Wishing you the best. Please keep us updated.

:) Good luck with everything hunni hope you find a solution that allows you to keep your baby boy xxx

you know you are members of a internet forum not royalty and i want nothing to do with online fights pointless. But i wont pretend i did something i havnt. the info on this forum is great but the attitude of some seems to be lacking.

Sorry Ash1 it seems i have angered some on here not sure why but it partly my fault. You seem like a great person and wat you are doing in rescueing these dogs is incredible keep up the great work hope everything works out okay with you and little spud good luck,

I agree with this, nobody knows the O.P in person nor have the seen the dog so assumption making and blame passing etc is not necessary and I agree fighting with long term members after only being a member for less then 2 months and only having accumulated 12 posts..... * sigh*... I am not even going to go there. I just hope that the O.P can get everything worked out.

:laugh:

Staffydave please continue to post as you see fit.

:)

Edited by lilli

<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">

Thanks for the update :) You can also ask Troy for this thread to be locked ..so info can be kept visible...

I have been thinking of you today ...and am glad you have heard from Jane at least.

Good luck to you and all your furries ..hope you now have a period of peace .

:hug:

you know you are members of a internet forum not royalty and i want nothing to do with online fights pointless. But i wont pretend i did something i havnt. the info on this forum is great but the attitude of some seems to be lacking.

Sorry Ash1 it seems i have angered some on here not sure why but it partly my fault. You seem like a great person and wat you are doing in rescueing these dogs is incredible keep up the great work hope everything works out okay with you and little spud good luck,

Oi!

Mr little postcount man -

YOU dont have an opinion.

It's only Yes Sir and Yes Maam from you mister!

:laugh:

Edited by lilli

If we are so horrible then why are you here??? I am sorry about this venting but I am sick of people joining KNOWING to well what it is like here and how passionate people on here about their dogs and that there are some VERY experienced people on here and some members that have been here since the beginning and then chuck a hissy and insult everyone..

No we do not think we are royalty but people who have more experience then you and have been members FOR A VERY LONG TIME deserve more respect then what they are given. I am new myself only been here since May but I have not started a fight with anyone since being here or got into a heated argument throwing insults around. I am not even fighting with you right now I am stating my opinion about the respect level given to founding members..

Rant finished sorry :)