Do You Have Neonate Pups That Need Fostering?

Dog Sense

Hi all,

A Beagle I know in Ipswich had a disastrous whelping today with only a single pup surviving.

To help the pup develop normally and to keep the bitch's milk supply up, we're presently

looking for small-breed orphan pups that need fostering. If you have pups that need fostering,

please contact me on [email protected]

Thanks,

Donna.

Would you like me to share this on facebook? I'm in contact on there with a lot of people in dog related fields in Qld. I know of someone with orphaned 3 week old pups but they would be too old, I am guessing.

Prefer to go this avenue and networking to protect privacy. Yes unfortunately 3 weekers are approaching weaning, so too old. Thanks. D.

milk supply will be fine for one pup, she doesn't need to foster others and risk bringing in other bugs that could cause more problems

Maybe ... she's been spayed too though. I'm a former breeder, dog trainer and all over puppy development, singleton pups need siblings, especially as they're keeping the pup and there are small children in the household. The risk of disease from other healthy newborns is relatively low, esp when this pup's already getting his colostrum. I've fostered orphan pups this way before, if the bitch is accepting it makes the best of a bad situation for all puppies concerned.

I'm not here to debate however and am still looking for puppies.

D.

Dog Sense have you posted in the rescue threads? I know there is a rescue group called Little Dog Rescue and there is also the Best Friend's Rescue network, both on FB and the BFR page covers numerous groups now and has a huge membership to get the word out. If you want to protect privacy contact both orgs through their website contact details and they could get the word out without releasing your details.

Dog Sense have you posted in the rescue threads? I know there is a rescue group called Little Dog Rescue and there is also the Best Friend's Rescue network, both on FB and the BFR page covers numerous groups now and has a huge membership to get the word out. If you want to protect privacy contact both orgs through their website contact details and they could get the word out without releasing your details.

Thanks, I initially posted in the rescue section and was redirected here! E-mailed BFR yesterday and they are networking for me.

plenty of well balanced dogs have been single pups, there are threads about it in the breeders topic

the comment certainly made me wonder, chi's and many of the small breeds often only have single pups