Dingo Pups For Sale

mixeduppup

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know of a lot of musterers who deliberately breed kelpies with dingo blood because they have the stamina and bite to keep up with wild goats and cattle. I didn't realise you could get black and tan dingoes? Surely they're not pure?

forget where but theres a population of em just dont remember where.

n dont forget the occasional white one.....loverly

sure puts the smarts into the crosses the owners tell me.

http://www.dingoconservation.org.au/dingo-social.html

This is exactly how Rokeglen Red Rhyme (main registered Red cattledog) would feed her pups the minute she considered they were ready for meat. Pity the selected menu item was invariably my best layer. the chooks were safe anyother time........sigh

still miss the ole girl , got her in 1983. she sure was a goodun, a yank offered me 3,000 for her the minute he saw her. I believe her descendants are scattered round the globe now, he bought all the pups a friend had bred from one of her daughters as well as the daughter when i didnt want to sell.

"The gestation period is sixty three days and the average litter size is three to five pups. The entire pack will care for the young, regurgitating meat to pups as young as three weeks of age. Pups will commence eating solids at approximately three weeks of age and will often be weaned by the time they are six weeks of age."

Edited by asal

sorry about the grating - goes with public opinion forums, hardly a forum if everyone was just going to agree with each other. can someone just answer me these simple uncomplicated 2 questions;

what personal need are you (dingo owner) satisfying by selecting a wild species as a pet. i don't buy the difference between wild and feral, wordplay.

what trait/s are lacking in the possible hundreds/thousands of purebred, designer, cross-bred domestic breeds available to choose from that would have you consider a wild species as a pet.

no labelling, no agenda, no doubt more grating.

Well different breeds for different people. I would not be happy with a dog that was push button, so I have my challenging breeds like my maremma. Others have their Tibetans, their huskies, their Malinois etc. Every breed suits a different type of person. If Dingo traits can gel with a particular individual and if that person can provide a balanced and fulfilling lifestyle for that Dingo then why not? Feral and Wild are two very different things, feral is derived from a once domestic species and carries genetics that were modified to suit man, wild carries no such genes and is only originated from wild.

:rofl:

erm,

i dont own a purebred dingo never have.

unless you count the Australian Cattledog?

the neighbour did not go seeking to have a dingo.

he felt sorry for the little golden pup about to have its brains knocked out against the pub bar.

she came home with him, she had a happy life and no one but the few who knew her story were any the wiser.

that tends to be the story behind the majority of surburban dingos.

that add is the first ive ever seen for any 'for sale' and it was brought to my attention where?

here

at least they are a pure breed so it at least fits the forum guidelines.

I live with a ex jackaroo, many of his friends are what the kids (now adults) call "bushie heros".

these men grew up in a world no city slikers knows existed.

my friend Les Ellery drove his first bullock team at 8 years old. held his first full time job at 11.

my hubby is of the same generation as are his mates and workmates, I have a pool of knowledge to draw on that is beyond any google search.

hubby was looking through a window one day watching some surgeons hooking up to do a op. they were short of an anesethist, he got hooked into the room and on the job training, who were they and what where they doing?

learning to do heart transplants. no guesses who these amazing men were surely.

only recently he was in hospital and a doctor couldnt get the vein in hubbys arm.

after enduring half a dozen aborted (n by the look of agony on his face not too gentle) attempts hubby offered to teach the now flustered doctor how to 'tap for a vein'.

lesson finished instant insertion, the fully qualified doc couldnt believe how easily it could be done when taught properly. this ole chap has taught generations of vets how to do the same thing yet he has no PHD.

the knowledge of these men is awesome and as i was told by bill law, you never stop learning until your dead.

have fun kiddies

mmm come to think of it, there a lot of people too dumb to ever end up any but the servant of an acd.

they arent for the lap dog lovers.

leave one of these guys to their own devices and the games can be somewhat destructive and thats saying a lot. their jaws are just as strong as a dingo. just survey your boots after being rounded up and used as dental floss.

or even worse your best going out shoes

sorry about the grating - goes with public opinion forums, hardly a forum if everyone was just going to agree with each other. can someone just answer me these simple uncomplicated 2 questions;

what personal need are you (dingo owner) satisfying by selecting a wild species as a pet. i don't buy the difference between wild and feral, wordplay.

what trait/s are lacking in the possible hundreds/thousands of purebred, designer, cross-bred domestic breeds available to choose from that would have you consider a wild species as a pet.

Differences of opinion are fine.Labeling a whole village across the world "sick,sick, sick isn't all because a wolf doesn't behave as you are told they do,or as some hybrids even.

Our village ended up with hybrid pups being born when a wolf wasn't afraid enough to avoid human habitation.I was the 1st to report a sighting that wasn't taken seriously because of my age.In broad daylight,across the road from our house.We watched each other for about 10 seconds before he melted into the trees.The "dog" who 1st got the blame for the litters MAY also have been a hybrid.He used to pull a sled in winter and a small wagon in summer,often with the neighbourhood kids.He lived with kids and wasn't a fearfull dog ,digging holes to hide.Nor were the pups.

Things aren't always black and white.

My sighting was confirmed as the wolf grew more confident and the pups had all been homed.The wolf was shot in our neighbours back yard a year later :cry: .The neighbour was the sherrif and had one of the pups.

Edited by moosmum

Differences of opinion are fine.Labeling a whole village across the world "sick,sick, sick isn't all because a wolf doesn't behave as you are told they do,or as some hybrids even.

Our village ended up with hybrid pups being born when a wolf wasn't afraid enough to avoid human habitation.I was the 1st to report a sighting that wasn't taken seriously because of my age.In broad daylight,across the road from our house.We watched each other for about 10 seconds before he melted into the trees.The "dog" who 1st got the blame for the litter MAY also have been a hybrid.He used to pull a sled in winter and a small wagon in summer,often with the neighbourhood kids.He lived with kids and wasn't a fearfull dog ,digging holes to hide.Nor were the pups.

Kinda jealous of your childhood, it sounds like Balto.

Our village ended up with hybrid pups being born when a wolf wasn't afraid enough to avoid human habitation.I was the 1st to report a sighting that wasn't taken seriously because of my age.In broad daylight,across the road from our house.We watched each other for about 10 seconds before he melted into the trees.The "dog" who 1st got the blame for the litter MAY also have been a hybrid.He used to pull a sled in winter and a small wagon in summer,often with the neighbourhood kids.He lived with kids and wasn't a fearfull dog ,digging holes to hide.Nor were the pups.

Kinda jealous of your childhood, it sounds like Balto.

I have no complaints :D

I find their tone grating because they're labeling everyone who has a pet dingoes as selfish attention seekers basically. A lot of people would disagree with having a LGD as a family pet in suburbia as well, it doesn't mean it can't happen and it certainly doesn't mean you want it for status or "novelty". If people can provide a dingo with a good life, with everything it needs, then it sure beats being shot by a farmer. Dingoes are NOT wolves, Dingoes are descended from domestic Asiatic dogs and are basically feral and not truly wild. The notion that everyone who owns a dingo is cruel is what I find grating.

Again - there is some evidence that suggests dingoes might not ever have been domesticated - particularly in the way we now use that word. Perhaps pre-domesticate would be a better word :) A feral to me is something that has been domesticated for generations and is then released. Dingoes have been wild/free-living in Australia for 4,000+ years (possibly up to 18,000 years) based on current published scientific research.

Dingoes also have several morphological indicators suggestive of non-domesticated heritage including single yearly estrous and large carnassial/canine teeth. They (and NGSD) are also extremely flexible. They typically don't bark (although they can) but rather howl/yodel.

They are not a typical domesticated dog - I would consider them something between the wolf and "domestic dog". Worth a note that wolves and dogs are all the same species, dogs are a sub-species of wolf.

Yes, black and tan dingos can be pure, there are different broad sub types, tropical, desert and alpine.

The broad types haven't been scientifically verified - that's anecdotal.

There are several colours that pure dingoes can be - ginger (may have light sabling), white, black, black & tan. Often Ginger dogs have white markings (socks/tail tips).

Any colour pattern such as brindled, sable saddle (i.e. GSD colour pattern), patchy are evidence of hybridisation.

There are arguments for conservation breeding programs to exist, this is different from keeping them as pets, and this may well be important if any evidence of genetic or morphological subdivision is identified (as suggested by anecdotal evidence of 3 broad sub-types). But there are serious issues with conservation groups selecting for traits such as colour, hand-ability, temperament etc which may impact on the integrity of the captive dingo and thus breeding programs. Complex issue - no simple answers.

That's why I said broad, because I didn't think they have been verified. ML, do you know Brad Smith? He was my honours student and did his PhD on dingo cognition. He's become fairly well respectable in the dingo community. One of the reasons for our interest in dingos is the unusual type of history they had with humans, so we wanted to see which side of the cognitive fence they'd fall on some tasks, closer to domestic dogs for wolves.

so as long as the dingo traits that no one can state specifically are of interest to some certain individuals even tho they can't put those specific traits into words is justification enough to own one, i have the right to own one because i want one, enuff said - how much more ego-centric, selfish and immature can people get - not labelling.

on a behavioural level - not a dictionary level - can somoene explain the difference behaviourially to a "feral" animal living and surviving completely in the wild and a "wild" animal doing the same thing. behaviourally there is no distinction so moot point.

weird logic: a wild animal is not a wild animal if a group of people classifiy it as a feral animal even tho its living in the wild and surviving as one???

eh????

:rofl:

erm,

i dont own a purebred dingo never have.

unless you count the Australian Cattledog?

the neighbour did not go seeking to have a dingo.

he felt sorry for the little golden pup about to have its brains knocked out against the pub bar.

she came home with him, she had a happy life and no one but the few who knew her story were any the wiser.

that tends to be the story behind the majority of surburban dingos.

that add is the first ive ever seen for any 'for sale' and it was brought to my attention where?

here

at least they are a pure breed so it at least fits the forum guidelines.

I live with a ex jackaroo, many of his friends are what the kids (now adults) call "bushie heros".

these men grew up in a world no city slikers knows existed.

my friend Les Ellery drove his first bullock team at 8 years old. held his first full time job at 11.

my hubby is of the same generation as are his mates and workmates, I have a pool of knowledge to draw on that is beyond any google search.

hubby was looking through a window one day watching some surgeons hooking up to do a op. they were short of an anesethist, he got hooked into the room and on the job training, who were they and what where they doing?

learning to do heart transplants. no guesses who these amazing men were surely.

only recently he was in hospital and a doctor couldnt get the vein in hubbys arm.

after enduring half a dozen aborted (n by the look of agony on his face not too gentle) attempts hubby offered to teach the now flustered doctor how to 'tap for a vein'.

lesson finished instant insertion, the fully qualified doc couldnt believe how easily it could be done when taught properly. this ole chap has taught generations of vets how to do the same thing yet he has no PHD.

the knowledge of these men is awesome and as i was told by bill law, you never stop learning until your dead.

have fun kiddies

so as long as the dingo traits that no one can state specifically are of interest to some certain individuals even tho they can't put those specific traits into words is justification enough to own one, i have the right to own one because i want one, enuff said - how much more ego-centric, selfish and immature can people get - not labelling.

on a behavioural level - not a dictionary level - can somoene explain the difference behaviourially to a "feral" animal living and surviving completely in the wild and a "wild" animal doing the same thing. behaviourally there is no distinction so moot point.

weird logic: a wild animal is not a wild animal if a group of people classifiy it as a feral animal even tho its living in the wild and surviving as one???

Who are you to tell people what they can own though? Who are any of us to dictate what someone else should own. Most of the reasons we own animals are selfish ones, we rarely get a dog just for the dog, so why is it any different for dingoes?

That's why I said broad, because I didn't think they have been verified. ML, do you know Brad Smith? He was my honours student and did his PhD on dingo cognition. He's become fairly well respectable in the dingo community. One of the reasons for our interest in dingos is the unusual type of history they had with humans, so we wanted to see which side of the cognitive fence they'd fall on some tasks, closer to domestic dogs for wolves.

Sorry - I just got pedantic :D I hear the comment about "three sub-types" or "I've got an Alpine Dingo" alot!

I know of Brad :) haven't met him as yet. I thought the papers coming from his PhD were very interesting!

Their history with humans is interesting as well has how/when they may have gotten here and what role they fulfill (ecologically) now.

Who are you to tell people what they can own though? Who are any of us to dictate what someone else should own. Most of the reasons we own animals are selfish ones, we rarely get a dog just for the dog, so why is it any different for dingoes?

Because they aren't domestic dogs? They haven't been selectively bred for many of the characteristics people expect in a pet dog and the challenges of keeping one safe and happy would be beyond many potential dog owners.

Because they aren't domestic dogs? They haven't been selectively bred for many of the characteristics people expect in a pet dog and the challenges of keeping one safe and happy would be beyond many potential dog owners.

But not every owner. Many people would be able to house a dingo and many people would not. Orrd is saying that no one should or has the right to. I'm simply saying that many dingoes can live long and happy lives with dingo savvy people in a proper set up