Pedigree Names?

Ruin Maniac

Acheron was 12 weeks old when we got him and we already knew our next Dobe would be called Acheron. His breeders theme was a letter, so all pups registered names start with a 'C'.

His reg name is Von Roth Condor.

With Simi we got to choose her name as we were on a waiting list prior to her birth and breeder allowed puppy buyers to choose names. Her reg name is Dinky Di Simi.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I name all my pups witha litter theme. The reg name is chosen by me, the call name is chosen by the owner. Sometimes I offer the owners a choice of reg name, but it has to be in line with the theme for the litter.

This way I will know instantly which litter the pup is form. My last litter had a storm/rain theme as they were born when my town was in flood. So the pups names were Flash Flood, Summer Rain, Rain Dancer and Cloud of Raindrops ( all obviously have my prefix on them before the reg names I've given them.

I generally chose call names that are associated with their reg names for the dogs I keep/own. So the last pup I bought in was i named Artwork in motion (his breeder was hapy to let me choose his reg name) due to his coloring - he looked like someone had painted perfect circles on him when he was tiny. His pet name is Dali - after the artist Salvadore Dali.

I'm currently considering a theme for the litter I'm hoping is cooking as I type this heh. Thinking I might have a moon theme as the bitch's call name is Luna.

Eclipse is the best name ever...just sayin' :D

Oh wow! LOVE eclipse..

We were able to choose Earls pedigree name - his full pedigree name is Centitout My Name is Earl - call name - Earl (or Doofus or Drooly or just Pup :laugh: )

We were looking for a bluesy name - rest of the litter was Twilight themed.

We were able to choose Earls pedigree name - his full pedigree name is Centitout My Name is Earl - call name - Earl (or Doofus or Drooly or just Pup :laugh: )

OMG, imagine being stuck with a twilight theme named pup :o

OMG, imagine being stuck with a twilight theme named pup :o

I'd wait for the next litter

I got to name Dyson. I wanted something to match his call name so his reg name is Cyclonic - his grandfather happens to be called El Nino so it kinda fits with the storm theme. And to some extent his personality....

Another lady who has a pup from the same breeder called hers Fromelles Honour and his call name is named after her uncles who had something to do with the battle at Fromelle - Im kinda figuring he fought and maybe died there but Im only guessing at that.