Dog Identification Tags - Little Canisters That You Can Screw Open?

Ruin Maniac

Hi everyone.

One of my childhood dogs had this little metal canister on his collar. It could be screwed undone, and a little bit of paper with all his ID details could be rolled up and put inside it. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? We had it well over a decade ago, but having it alongside his other tag was really useful, with extra phone numbers and such.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone.

One of my childhood dogs had this little metal canister on his collar. It could be screwed undone, and a little bit of paper with all his ID details could be rolled up and put inside it. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? We had it well over a decade ago, but having it alongside his other tag was really useful, with extra phone numbers and such.

Thanks in advance :)

RM I bought some of these on eBay last year. Cannot remember the seller but they came from USA. I have one thatI am happy for you to have if you would like to send me your postal address.

To be honest I gave up on them because I could not find a ring that was secure enough to attach to the collar and last.

I changed to Boomerang Collar tags (www.boomerangtags.com) and they are brilliant. Again from the US but I had them in less than a week. By far the best tags I have had in almost 40 years, I wish I'd found them sooner.

Regards

SueH

I am looking for these too. I used to be able to buy them for less than $2 in coles and woolies in the pet section but haven't seen them for a couple of years. I eventually lose the bottom half. Will check out those links. I like having the additional security of having the cylinder as well as the tag. Some of my dogs have lost tags but seldom lose the cylinder. One who escaped was only found quickly as the person who found her got my number from the paper in the cylinder.

Thanks for the links

I had these 30 odd years ago for my dogs but found they kept coming unscrewed, had to check them daily. They are still available through some pet supply stores but the retailer has to buy a card of them and they often do not sell very well.

I had these 30 odd years ago for my dogs but found they kept coming unscrewed, had to check them daily. They are still available through some pet supply stores but the retailer has to buy a card of them and they often do not sell very well.

Me too. Can't count the number we lost before using engraved tags.

Me too. Can't count the number we lost before using engraved tags.

this is exactly why I changed to the Boomerang Tags. No more tags rattling or coming off.