Treating Dogs Like Children Gone One Step Too Far

Guest donatella

I know a breeder who was feeding her own child and used expressed milk to hand raise a puppy. Breast feeding an adult dog is a bit much though

Why does someone need to express milk for a dog in UK or Aus? They could go to the local vet if the dog needed help. Its not like they live in a tent in the middle of nowhere

I doubt it would benefit another species anyway!

Edited by LizT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Having Spider suckle on my boob means I finally feel complete and a better mother,"

Lost for words here.

The woman needs therapy LOTS of therapy .. And drugs. Gawd.

..an now she is breastfeeding the canine equivalent of a grown woman!!!????

I know a breeder who was feeding her own child and used expressed milk to hand raise a puppy. Breast feeding an adult dog is a bit much though

Why does someone need to express milk for a dog in UK or Aus? They could go to the local vet if the dog needed help. Its not like they live in a tent in the middle of nowhere

My guess is that it would probably beat powdered milk formula hands down

No it wouldn't. Dogs milk is much richer in fat and other nutrients than human or even cows milk. Goats are about the only other species with milk suitable for puppies.

I doubt it would benefit another species anyway!

Exactly. Humans are the only species

that choose to feed off another animals milk after weaning.

The woman in the article is an attention seeking fetishist

I feel violated. That is disgusting.

What really gets me, is why didnt someone call a doctor, why the papers?

Surely this cannot in any shape or form be classed as in the public interest.

My sole thought but couldnt figure how to word , and maybe not well anyway, where in this did anyone even consider the interests of the children concerned. Their lives will be impacted by this photo of their mother to a degree that could lead to bullying of the most nasty kind.

We see here how nasty things can get here just on a forum.

Here we are being told about it in another country.

When I first saw I simply didnt want to know.

tried to think well its the norm in some places and wouldnt attact a second glance. BUT to be a mum and involve your babies, well young children, to the teasing, the embarrassment, the humiliation of "I SAW YOUR MUM in the paper"........that is who the real victums are here.

If the mother could not see that , where where the reporters minds?

Edited by asal

Lolol. No pd. You have to live with that forever unless you want to give yourself a lobotomy

You know the lobotomy would probably be worth it. I'll come back as puddlenewfoundland, and just be drooling and cheerful :laugh:

:rofl: You could be one of those Newfies that Canadians laugh about.

I feel violated. That is disgusting.

What really gets me, is why didnt someone call a doctor, why the papers?

Surely this cannot in any shape or form be classed as in the public interest.

My sole thought but couldnt figure how to word , and maybe not well anyway, where in this did anyone even consider the interests of the children concerned. Their lives will be impacted by this photo of their mother to a degree that could lead to bullying of the most nasty kind.

We see here how nasty things can get here just on a forum.

Here we are being told about it in another country.

When I first saw I simply didnt want to know.

tried to think well its the norm in some places and wouldnt attact a second glance. BUT to be a mum and involve your babies, well young children, to the teasing, the embarrassment, the humiliation of "I SAW YOUR MUM in the paper"........that is who the real victums are here.

If the mother could not see that , where where the reporters minds?

Apparently this story came out in 2010...so why is it resurfacing now? I guess the Publication involved is one of those WEIRDO kind of papers that run WIERDO type stories so maybe that's the delay factor???

Maybe she read this from a Pug Website.

Purpose and Origin

The Pugs primary purpose has always been exclusively for the companionship and amusement of their people. Their origin dates hundreds of years before the time of Christ when the very wealthy Chinese bred them for companions and status. An elderly, long-time breeder in England told me a tale many years ago. She said the Pug was so extremely pampered by the ancient Chinese that Pug puppies were often nursed by human wet nurses so the adored Pug bitches would not get out of shape nursing babies. If this is true, it certainly would account for the large majority of our Pug mothers who have less than adequate maternal skills and instincts! Their lifestyle, since the beginning, tallies a lot of generations of Pugs who have lived to simply endure pampering and adoration! All of this coddling and over-indulging have resulted (or perhaps they started out that way) in a breed that enjoys giving pleasure and amusement to their people - as long as they feel they are being treated properly!

Can't have done the baby pugs any good. :(

Edited by LizT