Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also missed the beautiful sight of Sammy when he's standing and staring (almost pointing) at something amazing like a Galah on a wire. He's so straight and square and gorgeous!

So you'll just have to have the cheeky-boy photo instead.

post-15359-0-31749500-1361610270_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So this is what Sammy got up to on Friday:

post-15359-0-97446300-1362358708_thumb.jpg

Luckily I found the pot itself and the other half of the tennis ball under that bed. I don't think my lovely rock orchid will recover :( I forgot I had stashed some unwell potplants under a shrub until they recovered or died properly - but Sammy found them! He has nice new shiny big-boy teef coming through now.

On Saturday we went to Obedience Training. What a shock! There were so many puppies and of course he was almost the biggest (though not the oldest). Every good thing he knows how to do went out of his head completely when he saw the dogs, people, treats/food, and the long grass hiding food, and puddles everywhere! So we're just Green until we do a lot more practice with distractions. He's such a sweetie though. The trainer asked me to stand near a couple of nervous dogs so that they could see how happy Sam was and eventually they got up enough courage to move a little towards him. He has the most submissive but happy tail-waggle in the group!

Sunday we all went to Sydney Park where Sam followed Stevie into the puddles. His recall was amazingly good except when he met a completely mad Whippet pup the same age as him! Five month old Whippet zoomies are so funny!

Sam was absolutely wrecked when we came home, he had almost an hour of sleep before he had the energy to get up and attack Stevie again! Hopefully today he's having a good rest. We've locked Stevie in the house to give her new hotspots a chance to repair without being chewed by Sam or licked by Jodie.

The sad news to report is that Sammy is a MUTANT :( My hubby has been trying so hard to teach him to shake hands but it turns out Sam is goofy-footed - a natural leftie :eek: I don't think that's something that can be fixed during the desexing operation :( He won't ever be able to be shown with a fault like that!

Edited by Katdogs

Next time you're headed to Sydney Park text men and if we're around I'll bring the pug crew out for a run! It might give Stevie a break if Max and Sammy go puddle jumping together, anyway :laugh:

Well Katrina you do realise the worlds greatest and most gifted were lefties, and it just proves he is not just an 'ordinary dog' lol :thumbsup: See you in less that 3 weeks now :)

We're looking forward to seeing you Pauline. You won't believe how clever and funny our big boy is now - as long as no other dogs are around :rofl:

Minimax our trips to Sydney Park can be pretty random, especially now uni's back and obedience is on Saturday afternoons. I'll certainly let you know next time :thumbsup:

TD I think Harper and Sammy together would be sent to the naughty corner!

Next time you're headed to Sydney Park text men and if we're around I'll bring the pug crew out for a run! It might give Stevie a break if Max and Sammy go puddle jumping together, anyway :laugh:

I'm a walk away too. Let me know if you're around Kat. As long as it's not raining! :laugh:

I'm a walk away too. Let me know if you're around Kat. As long as it's not raining! :laugh:

:thumbsup:

The sad news to report is that Sammy is a MUTANT :( My hubby has been trying so hard to teach him to shake hands but it turns out Sam is goofy-footed - a natural leftie :eek: I don't think that's something that can be fixed during the desexing operation :( He won't ever be able to be shown with a fault like that!

Why is that a problem for the Show Ring? Sounds a bit OTT.

Edited by Danny's Darling

:thumbsup:

My bad for missing the BBQ sorry. :(

Looking forward to seeing you and Sammy.

Why is that a problem for the Show Ring? Sounds a bit OTT.

It's a joke Joyce :o

So today Sammy jumped into the back of the car all by himself! My baby is a big boy :(

He also 'fetched' six times! That's new, I didn't think he would ever get it. I think he's trying to copy Jodie.

All his sit/drop/stay/heel training has left his silly head in the last couple of days - since going to official training :( It's also coincided with Stevie being shut in through the day so maybe he just has too much energy to burn when we get home from work. I'll try a big walk off lead tomorrow then work in some formal work when he's worked some of the wiggles out of his bum :)

Maybe Sammy could have a quiet word to Quinn, she's 15 1/2 months, fully grown and more than capable of jumping into the car yet she still insists on standing on her back legs, putting her paws on the seat and waiting for me to hoick her in *rolly eyes* You'll appreciate him jumping himself in soon!