sheenat

Hi there

I have only joined today and not sure weather this is the right place to write this topic.

We recently lost our 12 year old beautiful Golden Cocker spaniel Molly to liver cancer. The house is so horribly quiet without a cocker spaniel around........ we do not want to replace her in any way shape or form but really want to give our love to another cocker spaniel puppy (not that she would be impressed).

So we are after a little pure black boy or one with a little bit of white not for breeding or showing ..... just loving and one that is due around Christmas time. We live on the NSW Central Coast but are willing to pay transport fees as our Molly dog came from Queensland originally whe was a Sherebliss baby.

Please excuse me if this is not the appropriate place to write this

Kind Regards.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Dol fellow Central Coaster :wave:

Sorry for your loss of Molly :(

Good luck on the search for a pup and enjoy the forum.

ETA just clicked on Persephone's link and their are black cocker pups ready to go in Saratoga!

Edited by stans mum

ETA just clicked on Persephone's link and their are black cocker pups ready to go in Saratoga!

Thank you I did see them and they look adorable, just think I need a little more time and thought I would feel less guilty to Molly if I gave the new puppy to our household as a Christmas present. Molly would definately not be impressed with us getting another dog having said that Molly did not think she was a dog anyway....... I miss her terribly!!!

Thank you I did see them and they look adorable, just think I need a little more time and thought I would feel less guilty to Molly if I gave the new puppy to our household as a Christmas present. Molly would definately not be impressed with us getting another dog having said that Molly did not think she was a dog anyway....... I miss her terribly!!!

Oh yes sorry :o I just got a bit excited seeing a breeder right here on the Coast.

Molly would definately not be impressed with us getting another dog

I bet ...if dogs can think like this , that she would want you to be happy :)

I would so hope that she would want us to be happy, just have that terrible guilty feeling.

Oh yes sorry :o I just got a bit excited seeing a breeder right here on the Coast.

I got a bit excited for a minute as well :o)

I don't know if this helps with the guilt, but maybe think of it this way... If, while she was with you, she had decided she wanted to go and live with the neighbours, even though you completely loved and cared for her, you would probably feel pretty hurt. BUT if you (meaning those she knew as her owners) had passed on, she was human-less and then she went to a loving new home, I expect you would be happy for her, not hurt.

I'm pretty sure dogs are much more selfless than us humans, so I have no doubt that she would not want you to feel guilty, nor would she feel replaced. She knows she's an individual and will always be your Molly dog. Hugs!

I don't know if this helps with the guilt, but maybe think of it this way... If, while she was with you, she had decided she wanted to go and live with the neighbours, even though you completely loved and cared for her, you would probably feel pretty hurt. BUT if you (meaning those she knew as her owners) had passed on, she was human-less and then she went to a loving new home, I expect you would be happy for her, not hurt.

I'm pretty sure dogs are much more selfless than us humans, so I have no doubt that she would not want you to feel guilty, nor would she feel replaced. She knows she's an individual and will always be your Molly dog. Hugs!

Totally agree with this. :thumbsup:

sorry you lost your girl, never easy

shame you are in NSW, I have a gorgeous black boy ... mated with research; raised with knowledge, love and care ; a stunning, show quality boy avilable as a pet to the right lifetime home.

Good luck with your search, ensure the parents are clear of FN and PRA

Thank you, Molly dog will always be my Molly dog, never in a lifetime would there be a replacement for my soul mate. post-47670-0-67280200-1351597010_thumb.jpg

sorry you lost your girl, never easy

shame you are in NSW, I have a gorgeous black boy ... mated with research; raised with knowledge, love and care ; a stunning, show quality boy avilable as a pet to the right lifetime home.

Good luck with your search, ensure the parents are clear of FN and PRA

We are happy to pay for flights from interstate for the right puppy. We got Molly from Queensland site unseen from a reputable breeder, she was the runt of the litter with no showing ability because of her markings on her nose, we worked with the breeder with pictures and video and trust, to tell you the honest truth I think if I had to physically go and choose a puppy I would end up with a whole litter at my house :o)

Molly would definately not be impressed with us getting another dog

I bet ...if dogs can think like this , that she would want you to be happy :)

I would so hope that she would want us to be happy, just have that terrible guilty feeling.

Another puppy will never be the same as the one you lost. She will forever hold a special place in your heart. You needn't feel guilty for wanting another dog.

I got a puppy - same breed, colour and gender a few months after the one I lost - I do not view him as a replacement but another dog I will get to share my life with. I certainly don't think that having him lessens or devalues the relationship I had with the dog I lost.

shame you are in NSW, I have a gorgeous black boy ... mated with research; raised with knowledge, love and care ; a stunning, show quality boy avilable as a pet to the right lifetime home.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">Good luck with your search, ensure the parents are clear of FN and PRA

Sheenat ... I suggest you make contact with jed ...she knows her stuff :)

shame you are in NSW, I have a gorgeous black boy ... mated with research; raised with knowledge, love and care ; a stunning, show quality boy avilable as a pet to the right lifetime home.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">Good luck with your search, ensure the parents are clear of FN and PRA

Thank you, just tried but it said that I could not send a private message :o)

+1

Jed will contact you I am sure. :)