Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to make light of it in any way YG, but that is a pretty cool image! You standing there, backed by your 10 plus hundreds of other dogs of various breed and size, all confronting this dick as he sticks his head through the dog door... Yeah buddy, you just try it!

Hand write a sign, nice and clear in black texta, and put it where it can be read easily if someone looks through the dog door....

"I'm watching you too....the police are on their way and your image has been recorded. Have a wonderful day"

That's brilliant Willow! :thumbsup: . Funnily enough I have stickers on every window, door and fence that says that the house is protected by some awesome security company. Oh, of course... the idiot can't read!!

My aunt always used to joke that if someone broke into her house they'd leave a donation.

What can they see from the dog flap - I'd be tempted to set up something really freaky looking right in their line of sight if they stick their head through the door again.

Probably a bit pricy but you can also get a spray that is triggered by a door opening or closing and llumineses (sp?) Under uv light. I believe it stains the skin for several days.

Would the dogs all be glowing in the dark then RubyBlue? :laugh:

Time to start a large, young dog rescue?

LOL. I still prefer the old and crusty ones Aidan :)

YG, if I'm right your BB connection thingy plugs directly into your PC yea? Or is it a stand alone device that can have multiple devices hooked up to it? If its plug into PC only you can't use a wifi camera with it.

So if I'm getting this right, it more than likely a person yea? So they must know when your gone? Possibly see you leave? So it could be a neighbour?

Could you put a sign on your gate/fence/door and have it saying premises under surveillance or some such thing? It might be a deterrent? Just a thought. Your poor doggies. I can imagine how you would feel and especially worse with the elderly non seeing dogs.

Guest Labradork

I'm not game to listen to it again tonight. I just took Poppy to the toilet and it's pitch black outside with no moon. I'm officially freaked out now :laugh:

RIP all headphone users..

:rofl:

I actually listened to it over and over with high-quality headphones. If this is anything like Japanese movies, I'm in trouble...

:rofl: Make sure you check in tomorrow so we know that nothing got you during the night and whatever you do, don't copy it and forward it on to anyone!! :laugh:

Check in in 7 days.

I wish we could let them know how many people are onto them now via DOL!! Wouldn't it be cool of we could set up something where if they come to the house again they get a chorus of ALL of our dogs barking at them :)

You can borrow my big boy. 40-odd kg of fear agressive idiot is terrifying! Just don't let the intruder get too close to him, he'll wee and run away! He "protected" me one day while I was play-fighting with my mate in the backyard: Thundercleese nipped him on the bum, then ran around and hid behind me! I love having awesome guard-doggies :)

This is pretty freaky though. We have 3 and a half big dogs (the new one's still a pup), and as such have a large dog door that I can fit through without too much difficulty (and to say I'm not small would be an understatement!). My theory has always been that if someone's willing to brave the back gate with those 3 and a half big dogs going mental at them, well, they deserve whatever they get! I live in Springvale, it might be time to re-think that attitude!! :eek:

Yellowgirl, I hope it all works out well for you, and don't lose sleep! Stay safe :)

Well, there's no expiry on the offer so if you decide in the next few weeks to set something up with another doler's help, I would be happy to pack and send. Have the modem to go with it too. :)

Stay safe YG. Think about accepting offers of company for the next week at least. We are too proud for our own good sometimes. :p

That's lovely of you SnT, if it's something I'm able to use and get set up then I'd be very grateful.

How was it solved?

With lots of people doing lots of listening and blasting out their eardrums shihtzufan. Just before the first dog barks a woman's voice says something, part of which sounds like 'is there anything scary in there?'. Then there's that horrible growling which many people thought sounded human and a former police detective (hubby of a friend) said he was 100% sure that it was a man's voice. The clincher is just after he does the growling thing, he whispers something. We can't work out what it is yet but it's definitely a man whispering.

It seems (god, I hope) that he only got as far as the doggy door and put his head through and growled at the dogs. I did my own experiment with the dictaphone today, dictaphone was recording in the same place and I yelled through the doggy door. The doggy door goes into a passageway and there's a lot of echo there. It sounded like it was right next to the dictaphone.

I don't want to make light of it in any way YG, but that is a pretty cool image! You standing there, backed by your 10 plus hundreds of other dogs of various breed and size, all confronting this dick as he sticks his head through the dog door... Yeah buddy, you just try it!

I think we need to fantasize a bit about these things sometimes to take the edge off a bit SG :)

You're so brave, YG. I would ask a friend to stay the night. Are you sure you'll be okay?

I'm okay Labradork, it's so creepy to think that a man came into my back yard and terrorised my dogs, but at least I do know what that awful, horrible noise was now. I know I'm dealing with a piece of crap human rather than the star of the next Paranormal movie. Still makes my skin crawl thinking about him being here though.

If I have someone else here, I'll go into 'protection mode' and then I'll have 10 dogs PLUS a person I'll feel the need to look out for. I'm not normal I'm afraid :laugh:

YG, if I'm right your BB connection thingy plugs directly into your PC yea? Or is it a stand alone device that can have multiple devices hooked up to it? If its plug into PC only you can't use a wifi camera with it.

So if I'm getting this right, it more than likely a person yea? So they must know when your gone? Possibly see you leave? So it could be a neighbour?

Could you put a sign on your gate/fence/door and have it saying premises under surveillance or some such thing? It might be a deterrent? Just a thought. Your poor doggies. I can imagine how you would feel and especially worse with the elderly non seeing dogs.

Took me ages to work out what BB meant tlc ..lol. I'm on a proper plan with the modem thing now. When I moved I'd bought a pre-paid thing that plugs into the computer until I could get a monthly plan organised. Does that make sense? I don't know what anything is called.

Yes, the noise was made by a man with his head through the doggy door. See my reply just above in this section. I have stickers on all the windows, doors and fences already.

Some of the dogs' behaviours over the past couple of days are making more sense now. Poor babies.

time to get a retired police dog :)

He wouldn't fit through the doggy door MUP :laugh:

Whoops just seen Willow suggested a similar sign. Could have just been kids getting their thrill for the day?

We may never know tlc.

I'm not game to listen to it again tonight. I just took Poppy to the toilet and it's pitch black outside with no moon. I'm officially freaked out now :laugh:

Sorry Labradork :)

I actually listened to it over and over with high-quality headphones. If this is anything like Japanese movies, I'm in trouble...

:rofl: Make sure you check in tomorrow so we know that nothing got you during the night and whatever you do, don't copy it and forward it on to anyone!! :laugh:

I put it on my Facebook!!!

I can loan Frosty also. She puts on a very scary show for the door to door sales people.

And will nip people if they try to leave. Ie she will let them in - but they don't get to leave without her permission. And the louder they get the scarier she gets.

And she gets on quite well with Justice and the cresteds.

November APC magazine has an article on setting up home security (with web cams)

www.ispyconnect.com

has free software for running a web cam as a security camera. Web cams can be had for less than $30

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/webcams/8113 - tho the article does mention having a stand for it is helpful, though I'm sure you could clip it to a tin can full of rice (dry weight) if you needed to.

Happy to loan the magazine. I don't think they put the how to article on the website apcmag.com until the next issue comes out (december).

Jo i know Kerri is helping out - but if you need a hand feel free to give me a call - will pm my number in case you don't have it anymore.

Poor Persephone is beside herself with worry and got Kerri to call me. How gorgeous is that? :) Kerri is dog-sitting tomorrow while I take two of the bubs to the vet. I just had a look and I have your number pinned on my noticeboard! Thanks for the offer, that's really nice of you. xx

Just to clarify, Pers messaged me to ask if a possible source for the disturbance had been considered and didn't want to post it in the thread in case it upset you (she knows we're friends). She didn't ask me to call you but yes, she's a total sweetheart as is westiemum. :)

Sorry Snook, I got the wrong end of the stick as usual. Thanks for ringing anyway :)

Not exactly a police dog but I did suggest that Justice has a pretty scary growl if needed. :)

He'd just make me give him massages all night ..lol

Not exactly a police dog but I did suggest that Justice has a pretty scary growl if needed. :)

It might not be such a bad idea. I know how much safer I feel with my big dog around.

Ten little ones equal one or two big ones don't they? After all I still I have around 40-50kg of dogs here :laugh:

It might not be such a bad idea. I know how much safer I feel with my big dog around.

Yeah, I feel totally safe with my boofer. Whether or not he'd be any use if someone actually broke in remains to be seen (and I'd rather not find out) but I love that he only growls or barks if he genuinely thinks something is amiss, as that means it's pretty rare and makes me pay attention and check it out immediately.

Mine bark too ... and then, as we now know, run away and hide ...

Check in in 7 days.

I officially have no idea what's happening now :laugh:

You can borrow my big boy. 40-odd kg of fear agressive idiot is terrifying! Just don't let the intruder get too close to him, he'll wee and run away! He "protected" me one day while I was play-fighting with my mate in the backyard: Thundercleese nipped him on the bum, then ran around and hid behind me! I love having awesome guard-doggies :)

This is pretty freaky though. We have 3 and a half big dogs (the new one's still a pup), and as such have a large dog door that I can fit through without too much difficulty (and to say I'm not small would be an understatement!). My theory has always been that if someone's willing to brave the back gate with those 3 and a half big dogs going mental at them, well, they deserve whatever they get! I live in Springvale, it might be time to re-think that attitude!! :eek:

Yellowgirl, I hope it all works out well for you, and don't lose sleep! Stay safe :)

That was always my theory too when I had big dogs disintegratus. Although I was living in a slightly better area at that time too. I'm re-thinking pretty much everything after this episode though.

I can loan Frosty also. She puts on a very scary show for the door to door sales people.

And will nip people if they try to leave. Ie she will let them in - but they don't get to leave without her permission. And the louder they get the scarier she gets.

And she gets on quite well with Justice and the cresteds.

November APC magazine has an article on setting up home security (with web cams)

www.ispyconnect.com

has free software for running a web cam as a security camera. Web cams can be had for less than $30

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/webcams/8113 - tho the article does mention having a stand for it is helpful, though I'm sure you could clip it to a tin can full of rice (dry weight) if you needed to.

Happy to loan the magazine. I don't think they put the how to article on the website apcmag.com until the next issue comes out (december).

Frosty is such a sweety Mrs RB. Looks like I'm getting quite a house full of loaned dogs here :laugh:

I'll have a look at those links tomorrow. xx