Rudy's Journey From Zero To Hero!

Guest Panzer Attack!

Guest Panzer Attack!

Megan's right, it's Reward Based Training. I don't like to use "positive" in regards to training because I feel a) it's been tainted by the zealots, and b) much more than shoveling food down a dog's throat.

Thanks TSD :D I hear you have another doggie? xx

Guest Panzer Attack!

Tra la la another post hope someone's reading!

Crate training is going swimmingly. Here's a vid after Ru training for 2 days (mostly just feeding him there, only introduced the cues this morning - he so smart... kinda!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCyiFF0gLm0

I love my dogs, they make me laugh so much!

So in a little over a month we have accomplished quite a bit, I think.

- Name recognition

- Complete and total loyalty <3

- Toy drive

- Tug drive

- Serious food drive (he wasn't that fussed when he got here)

- Indoor recall (recalled for the first time outside off lead today)

- Accepting being in a crate at home, in the car

- Being totally awesome and cool at the vet

- Solid sit with minor distractions

- No more bolting out the door!

Focusing on the following next month:

- Toileting on command

- Solid stay and down

- LLW

- Crate Games

- Stopping his barking (annoying trait he's begun displaying, boo!)

- Eliminating counter surfing

Yay :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Panzer Attack!

Thanks fbaudry!

Another month over and some more achievements. I've been busy as HELL at work (6 days a week until the week before Christmas and am now on my 11th day straight ARGH) but we've still made some accomplishments.

- Recall at off-lead park is at about 75% now which is AMAZING (and today he recalled in the bush!!!! Multiple times!!!11). At first I couldn't let him off lead at all because he'd just run away. And I mean RUN.

- Down accomplished! Stay is only about 2 seconds worth, but it's a whole 2 more seconds than we had last month!

- He hasn't counter surfed at all since I last wrote about him. His new trick is jumping onto my chair while I'm on the laptop and sitting behind me, which is a nice diversion. Since starting to train him and enrich him generally, his annoying behaviours have begun to disappear. He tried digging holes through to next door for a few days but thankfully that's stopped too!

- LLW is a lot better than it used to be, I'm still not dedicating myself to being strict enough with criteria. Back to the drawing board... I think I can have this down in a week considering how lazy I am.

More importantly than that, our bond and the bond between him and Scooter are huge. I can't believe I haven't had this dog since he was a baby, he's that ingrained in my life. He and Scooter kept me alive last year, they are my everything and I love them so much <3

Happy new year everyone xx

418173_10151373552197340_663229792_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Panzer Attack!

Becks - yes, it is. One of the most annoying things to teach, especially when your dog looooves everything (including cars).

Hankdog - lol! Yeah, he has a great time, he's figured out how to use furniture to climb up on to tables, desks, counter tops... But he's decided he prefers to jump up onto the seat you're occupying so he can snuggle you :)

Thanks melinda and whitka.

We've started heeling and easy obedience exercises now cos he's so keen to learn, and go on off-lead romps most days. Now I have a proper camera I'll have to video him in full flight - it's glorious to watch!

Guest Panzer Attack!

Sharon I want to snuggle the babies!!! J is really interested in buying one if you don't have homes yet :) x

TSD - haha you say that like it hasn't already happened! You need to meet him, you'll love him.

TTJ I'm a newbie trainer! I do mostly grooming based training and a little behaviour work. I'm not following a particular system, I like to write down things when they annoy me/want to work on them so I've always got something to train!

Sharon I want to snuggle the babies!!! J is really interested in buying one if you don't have homes yet :) x

TSD - haha you say that like it hasn't already happened! You need to meet him, you'll love him.

TTJ I'm a newbie trainer! I do mostly grooming based training and a little behaviour work. I'm not following a particular system, I like to write down things when they annoy me/want to work on them so I've always got something to train!

well Em tell J to contact me & we shall talk :D

me, well I have had the pleasure in meeting Ru, he is an absolute honey :angel:

your plan is starting o come together :cheer::cooldance: