From The Vca Gazette

Rebanne

I haven't seen anything else re this topic but I found it very interesting reading particularly Item 31 put up by the French Bulldog Club of Vic.

The Role Of Dogzonline in the Australain show ring.

Handlers should be cropped out of online profiles

DOGS Victoria should lobby and address this issue.

Resolution: This is an issue that the ANKC could possibly address.

Yeah, I don't see what their issue is to be honest. On DOL profiles you can see the dogs registered names, its owner, breeder, recent wins if they are in point score, which judges have put them up etc etc etc. So why does it matter if handlers are in photos :confused:.

Also in that same article, item 1 (I think) was about how to get more clubs to offer neuter shows in Vic, hopefully more shows will start to offer it :thumbsup:.

I totally agree with this idea! I think all people should be cut out of Dogzonline profiles. There is far too much face judging going on - and we in NZ have recenty had a bout of judges that basically had already made a decision before their plane touched down.

I totally agree with this idea! I think all people should be cut out of Dogzonline profiles. There is far too much face judging going on - and we in NZ have recenty had a bout of judges that basically had already made a decision before their plane touched down.

Where do you stop? Next people can't post photos of their dogs on Facebook? Judges can't have Facebook pages? Exhibitors can't have their own websites?

What about the full page ads in Dog news and other similar publications that all judges see. How can you stop people's photos in those considering they are paying a fortune for their ad. Yes I certainly believe there is a lot of face judging but have learnt to live with it as apart of dog showing.

Perhaps they should look at blind folds for all judges and banning them from FB, websites etc LOL that would be much easier, given there's so few of them

ETA : I've got a few judge friends on my facebook and apart from one, they given me squat over the years , so the pics of me and the dogs are working well :laugh:

Edited by Pav Lova

As the ANKC has absolutely no control over dogzonline which is a private business I don't see how they can dictate what is shown or not shown on the website. It is no different to paying for an advert in the canine association magazine. Should all people be cropped out of those ads as well?

Not even sure why the VCA would consider sending this to the ANKC

And you can prove this allegation?

I take it you weren't one of the winners then ? :laugh:

I haven't seen anything else re this topic but I found it very interesting reading particularly Item 31 put up by the French Bulldog Club of Vic.

The Role Of Dogzonline in the Australain show ring.

Handlers should be cropped out of online profiles

DOGS Victoria should lobby and address this issue.

Resolution: This is an issue that the ANKC could possibly address.

Its nothing to do with Dogs Vic. If the French Bulldog club have an issue with this they should raise it with Troy :confused:

When I take photos of dogs at shows I crop the people out of the photos. Or really mostly just focus on the dog in the first place so there is not much to crop.

I don't really care for photos with people in them and don't do it unless I am taking photos of friends kids showing dogs and photos of dogs with the judges and group wins.

But each to their own I suppose and if people want themselves in their photos they are using for publicity then they can do what they like.

My OH is in one photo, largely because the judge's hand also is and I wanted that much of the picture in because it shows along with her tail placement that she's not skitzy or freaky, which is an issue for our breed. Profile here: http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=34716

I'm in another moving one for one of my males, and the picture of the dog only makes sense with the human in it as well. Profile here: http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=53877

I defy anyone to recognise me from this last profile, especially as that ugly skirt went to Vinnies a while ago :rofl:http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=22752

People must really think that judges are fickle and dopey. If that were the case, why would we pay our money weekend after weekend to get their opinions? Yes some corrupt and "safe" stuff does go on but snipping out pictures of handlers won't stop that. In some ways, it will advantage those who are already well known in dog world and disadvantage those that are not.

Its never going to change if a judge judges the dogs they will continue to do so - if a judge puts up for favors they will continue to do so - the only way you can not be affected by it is to not give those 'facey' judges an entry. If I know who will win regardless of what they take in the ring then I don't waste my time, energy or money anymore.

Its never going to change if a judge judges the dogs they will continue to do so - if a judge puts up for favors they will continue to do so - the only way you can not be affected by it is to not give those 'facey' judges an entry. If I know who will win regardless of what they take in the ring then I don't waste my time, energy or money anymore.

:thumbsup: to this and Pav Lova.

This has been going on for years and years, Now with facebook and everything else... photos, judges commenting on the f/b page how good the win was, this is also o/s judges, this is just now how it is. To crop the handler out is silly, they appear on the front of magazines.......they are so known to all, either here or overseas.... just the way now. We just have to trust that the Judge will judge our dogs on their merit.

Thats all we can hope or ask.

And you can prove this allegation?