Unusual Names

Whipitgood

we have

Private Dodger

Corprel Charlie

Sargent Major

it is 'cause each one have a certain no of patches on 1 side of their body (left side only, resembly Army stripes) :laugh:

I could suggest ALEGRA

PHARLAP ( ok yes this is the racehorse, but he was bloody fast, & so are Whippy's )

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Stan for a Grey, stans mum, I think it's very cool. Like stan the man :)

My brother & family have a beautiful Havanese called Lola which I just love & it so suits her. She's

adorable.

A great friend of mine has a dachshund called Lola...because she is a showgirl :laugh: We bust out a bit of Barry Manilow's Copacabana and she does this funny little dance :o

Minimax Boston is a great name.

:rofl::rofl: Our Lola is a born little show girl too. I hadn't know of the breed till I meet her. She is just a wonderfully natured, full of spark, little girl.

Possibly unwise but we let our kids name our pets.

We have a Tintin from the books. Until he movie was released in the last year or so hardly anyone got it.

Our daughter named our new Cocker. He is Hector, also from a book. Appropriately he is named after Happy Hector in the Tilly and friends series.

My fave from this thread has to be Gladys. Gorgeous :D

Hector is my cat's name! But he's named after Hector the safety cat from the TV ads.

(Mum's doing, not mine, I'm a biiiiit young to remember them!)

Possibly unwise but we let our kids name our pets.

We have a Tintin from the books. Until he movie was released in the last year or so hardly anyone got it.

Our daughter named our new Cocker. He is Hector, also from a book. Appropriately he is named after Happy Hector in the Tilly and friends series.

My fave from this thread has to be Gladys. Gorgeous :D

Hector is my cat's name! But he's named after Hector the safety cat from the TV ads.

(Mum's doing, not mine, I'm a biiiiit young to remember them!)

I love old man names on animals, Hector, Rufus are my cats.

But Ferdinand, Alfie/Archie, Dallas and Jet are some I keep in the stockpile

My Grandparents had a black Labrador called "Nigger" :eek:

It was okay apparently because it was the 50's. Nigger used to walk to the butcher every day and get herself a bone. Then she'd walk to the police station and meet my Grandpa at the end of his shift (he was a sargeant). Then they'd walk to the pier where Nigger would do a running jump into the sea :laugh:

My grandma did too! And she took to explaining this in a pub in the northern territory who had a big black dog behind the bar, and explaining loudly too (out of deafness, not spite!) while mum and I clenched our teeth and what have you in horror....

She didn't even realise it wasnt the best story topic, she was just being friendly! It was the least comfortable night of the trip, and that is saying a lot! :rofl:

Serius (this is the name of the dog star, I have always wanted to name a dog this - not sure about the spelling though)

I think it's Sirius (not 100% sure)

That's right. Once I saw it written, I knew it was correct. Thanks :)

Guest donatella

I like weird names too I've got these on my possible next puppy name list:

Regal,Royal, Chivalry, Verity, Valiant,Civil, Celerity, Polaris, North, Viking, Swift, Nimble, Chimera, Cult, Sabbath, Pagan, Musique, Taika.

At the moment I have a Dante (the most normal name), Alchemy, Beowulf, Daenerys, Ahti and Seti

These are Finnish yeah? I like those names :)

I like human names, I want to get a cute little dog and call it Bruce.

My friend has a little Chi called Bruce.

I like human names too :D

Edited by donatella

I like weird names too I've got these on my possible next puppy name list:

Regal,Royal, Chivalry, Verity, Valiant,Civil, Celerity, Polaris, North, Viking, Swift, Nimble, Chimera, Cult, Sabbath, Pagan, Musique, Taika.

At the moment I have a Dante (the most normal name), Alchemy, Beowulf, Daenerys, Ahti and Seti

These are Finnish yeah? I like those names :)

I like human names, I want to get a cute little dog and call it Bruce.

My friend has a little Chi called Bruce.

I like human names too :D

Awesome!! :laugh:

Some of the names I have stockpiled are Cuthbert, Paddington, Gilbert and Niles :laugh:

Edited by Aussie3

Serius (this is the name of the dog star, I have always wanted to name a dog this - not sure about the spelling though)

I think it's Sirius (not 100% sure)

That's right. Once I saw it written, I knew it was correct. Thanks :)

Dont you guys read Harry Potter? Bit like calling a pet Bella these days - everyone will assume you are a twihard :laugh:

I like Radar, Captain, Chief and Major. I also like the idea of naming a pair Mork and Mindy. I tend to have a list and pick the one that suits the personality.

I like both human names and different names and different human names

here are some of mine

two new pups are named, Jaffa and Brynne, also currently have Zane, Sienna and Hope (dogs)

Horatio (cat)

Hercules (cat)

Hadme (cat)

CC (cat)

Cyrano (cat)

Kaysha (cat)

Willow (cat)

Zelda (cat)

Jewel (cat)

all British Shorthairs

Past dog names inc:

Monet

Sisley

Manet

Gainsborough (Gaina for short)

(yes I went to art school)

Buzz

Flynn

Fern

Rune

Peggy

Ethel

Mabel

Mercy

Ruby

April

Percy

Luci (male short for Lucifer)

Favourite unusual name though is "Chapter" my first Sheltie, he started a whole new chapter in my life

For a whippet what about Usain as in Usain Bolt or Phelps as in Michael

Edited by fairlea

My next boy dog will be Franklin :). Funnily enough I had river picked out for my next dog, friend had luna picked out. She now has the river and I have Luna :laugh:. Both names suit the dogs and the other names would not have so we are all happy.

My first dog was called Boy. So obvious it's different in these days of high falutin' names.

My Border Collie Elvis just gets boy these days :lol:.

Oh my 2 younger cats are Andy and Montana.

My first dog was called Boy. So obvious it's different in these days of high falutin' names.

He was the border collie in my avatar. Fantastic dog. All a long time ago now.